A New Pig Trap :-)

Posted By: cliffie

A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/21/18 03:35 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8QYo8aJ9HE
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/21/18 03:40 AM

Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/21/18 03:45 AM

And right after the piglet starts squealing mama comes crashing out of the brush and eats your lunch..... juggle

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/21/18 03:46 AM

So what happens if it triggered by a hog bigger than 5 lbs?

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/21/18 03:47 AM

Not to mention it would take me 3 days to dig a hole that size in the hill coy try lol
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/21/18 05:05 AM

In Texas we dig the hole a little bigger and use a tractor tire. Good to 300 lbers...
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/21/18 11:22 AM

LOL...can not be a wild pig, I have caught hundreds of hogs/piglets. They will attack you and tear you up at that age. I call..fake news.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/21/18 12:49 PM

That resembles work.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/21/18 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: RattlesnakeDan
LOL...can not be a wild pig, I have caught hundreds of hogs/piglets. They will attack you and tear you up at that age. I call..fake news.

Yup....those little ones are like those mean little rat dogs....will try to eat you alive.... rofl
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/21/18 03:10 PM

But at end it shows this trap will work tigers too, so it is a must do set up for all the mountain lions we have in TX and especially Grapevine/Southlake with fresh sightings! And we have plenty of tires and old fans in the bar ditches around to build multiple traps. wink
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/21/18 04:10 PM

Agreed. When he started moving the tire and reaching in, my thoughts were "He's gonna lose a couple of fingers!"
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/21/18 04:53 PM

Even if you do catch a pig in it, the sow or other hogs will flip that tire off of the trap.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/23/18 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Not to mention it would take me 3 days to dig a hole that size in the hill coy try lol

Our caliche would take forever.
Posted By: easttxhoghunter

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/23/18 04:28 AM

I have a couple of 24" big rig tires around that weigh over 110lbs, might have to try that, the only down fall is I can't always get to the lease everyday
Posted By: cliffie

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/23/18 05:12 AM

"the sow or other hogs will flip that tire off of the trap"

Make the hole deeper!

How about a large diameter post hole auger on a tractor? Then shoot it in the hole and use a big fishing gaff to get it out.

Had a friend that 40 years ago used to trap quail by burying a tall coffee can to its rim and baiting it with grain. They'd hop in the can for the grain but couldn't open their wings to fly out. He had many such ways to feed himself (until the Game Warden caught him).
Posted By: rickt300

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/23/18 03:12 PM

Well I wonder why the first guy had his face covered? And why not just set a snare?
Posted By: snake oil

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/25/18 03:56 PM

My son has caught several baby pigs and they were not mean all….
Posted By: rickt300

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/25/18 04:26 PM

I have to be truly careful around the ten pounders myself. Not tame at all.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/26/18 02:10 AM

The floppy little ears were kind of a give away to.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: A New Pig Trap :-) - 06/26/18 03:58 AM

Pigs that size are no big deal. I hop in the trap with pigs that are 15-20 pounds all of time. They will run at you but cant do much damage at that size, especially with tall snake boots. We just pick them up by the back legs and load them up. They scream like crazy. SW is right, we watch for other that come running in, it can get exciting real quick.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum