Posted By: fredeboy

Who will be first to get one of these - 05/09/18 07:13 PM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl...-fog/588488002/ clap
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Who will be first to get one of these - 05/09/18 07:25 PM

John Wick 3
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Who will be first to get one of these - 05/09/18 07:55 PM

The technology has been around for the last 20 years for this sort of sighting system. No doubt it is better now.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Who will be first to get one of these - 05/09/18 07:59 PM

We need less technology and more common sense and tactics training. Too much technology becomes a crutch you lean on it too hard it breaks. The best weapon a hunter or soldier can have is his eyes, ears, and brain.
Posted By: fredeboy

Re: Who will be first to get one of these - 05/09/18 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
We need less technology and more common sense and tactics training. Too much technology becomes a crutch you lean on it too hard it breaks. The best weapon a hunter or soldier can have is his eyes, ears, and brain.

Could not agree more sir
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Who will be first to get one of these - 05/10/18 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan

I thought the gen 1 'starlight scope' I used in Vietnam was pretty cool, but I'd have LOVED to have had an IR Hunter MK# 60mm thermal sight!
OTOH, I'd have purely HATED to have gone up against someone who had one. Actually, I'd hate it now just as much.

Smarts is good. Technology is good. I want both.
Posted By: DigitalFOV

Re: Who will be first to get one of these - 05/11/18 03:30 AM

Well for $23k each I am not impressed. I don't think I want a monocular hanging from my helmet and I sure don't want a wireless signal that can be jammed showing me my gun sight. Crawl under some cover with that on, you kidding me?

Thermal is good in the jungle but if you are in an urban area with warm buildings the bad guy can be standing in front of a hot steel door or trash dumpster or rock wall and you will not see him.

Full color digital starlight night vision is real close to reality. The problem is it will be cheap and made in China.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Who will be first to get one of these - 05/11/18 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: DigitalFOV
Well for $23k each I am not impressed. I don't think I want a monocular hanging from my helmet and I sure don't want a wireless signal that can be jammed showing me my gun sight. Crawl under some cover with that on, you kidding me?

Thermal is good in the jungle but if you are in an urban area with warm buildings the bad guy can be standing in front of a hot steel door or trash dumpster or rock wall and you will not see him.

Full color digital starlight night vision is real close to reality. The problem is it will be cheap and made in China.
thermal wouldn’t be good in the jungle for multiple reasons. One being high humidity and two because you can’t see well through thick foliage and trees. Thermal is much better suited for urban areas then jungle and yes I’ve used thermal a lot in urban environments.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum