Texas Hunting Forum

day time hogs

Posted By: colt45-90

day time hogs - 04/20/18 11:49 PM

saw report some are seeing more hogs during the day
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: day time hogs - 04/21/18 12:11 AM

Hogs are different everywhere. I haven’t seen a hog in daylight where I hunt in person or on camera in well over a month
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: day time hogs - 04/21/18 01:27 AM

We have been killing them on our place during the day, mornings and evenings. Killed 16 so far and none have been after dark. Don't even include all the misses either!!!
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: day time hogs - 04/22/18 12:06 AM

Saw hogs 4 different times last weekend during daylight hours.
Posted By: mikei

Re: day time hogs - 04/22/18 01:32 AM

Prior to this last week, I hadn't seen a hog during daylight hours for over a year around the Mason/Brady area. Don't know what's changed, but it may be that the drought is causing some behavioral changes in the bristly beasties.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: day time hogs - 04/22/18 01:53 AM

Only kill hogs during daylight. Hundreds. Have only killed a few at night with a green light.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: day time hogs - 04/22/18 02:32 PM

I routinely see pigs on my place from 10.30 to 1 pm especially on a waxing moon to full.
Posted By: hollidayHunter

Re: day time hogs - 04/22/18 03:21 PM

I've been getting pics of hogs at feeders anywhere from 10am up to 4pm and all hours in between. Caught a sounder at my feeder last week @ 6pm which is an hour before my feeder goes off.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: day time hogs - 04/29/18 09:55 AM

I get them year around during the daytime until the bullet start flying.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: day time hogs - 05/05/18 11:50 PM

I have them day amd night. Shot this one while deer hunting around 11am. They don't even show me the courtesy of coming when I'm not there. No respect.

Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: day time hogs - 05/08/18 10:39 AM

On the place nth of town I'm seeing them every day. I go to feed a little after lunch and they're all bunched up under the cedars. Funny thing is there's a deep draw with a spring within 100 yards of them and I never see them there. It's obvious they've been in there often but never during the day.
Posted By: thaechten

Re: day time hogs - 05/20/18 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: colt45
saw report some are seeing more hogs during the day

Where is that report from? We don't see them during the day but we hunt them heavily. If you're in an area that isn't hunted very heavily, then yeah you might see them more during the day.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: day time hogs - 05/22/18 08:28 AM

I've had pics of them in the day time, but mostly night. Depends if the they need to scratch that itch on a tree or not. texas
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: day time hogs - 05/22/18 08:13 PM

Not seeing any at day - in fact pretty much only between 1:30 - 5:30 AM and only on nights when I am not hunting them (and I only hunt on nights where the wind is favorable to our stand locations - they must know!!). smile
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: day time hogs - 05/22/18 11:24 PM

report was from people n hill country hunting during the day, but like every thing, things change and just cause its not happening for you, does not mean its law.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum