Texas Hunting Forum

My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!!

Posted By: Texaslawman

My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/19/18 10:58 PM

Not only was it effective it was the most fun I've had hunting!

Posted By: Stratgolfer

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/19/18 11:03 PM

what's your normal difference in time from when you post here to when you post on Youtube? I like to watch it FULL SCREEN!!
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/19/18 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Stratgolfer
what's your normal difference in time from when you post here to when you post on Youtube? I like to watch it FULL SCREEN!!
all u got to do is click on the white title of the video and it takes you to YouTube

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/19/18 11:34 PM

When it shows up here its already live on youtube. But youtube is doing weird things with my videos.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/20/18 12:35 AM

Ok, now that really was epic.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/20/18 02:25 AM

Awesome video. Best of luck on the new venture.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/20/18 02:44 AM

Congratulations on your new adventure, I know your gonna do great. That video was amazing ! That might just be as fun as helicopter hunting lol.
Posted By: Scott W

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/20/18 03:15 AM

Looks like the tires kick up a ton of mud. Imagine a lot of it gets on the equipment. May be worth fabricating some fenders for the UTV.
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/20/18 12:36 PM

up flag
Posted By: no-guts-no-glory

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/20/18 12:52 PM

Hmmm...he went gangsta on the hogs. He's doing "drive-bys".
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/20/18 04:23 PM

That looks like a hoot, particularly to those of us who don't get the chance to run 'em down in fields like that. Looks like some just got wore out and said "Take me boss.." smile
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/20/18 04:59 PM

The word EPIC could be replaced by the word DANGEROUS

The results speak for themselves in terms of effectiveness of the method - glad you all made it through safely and while you did give a Disclaimer in the video I can foresee somebody(ies) trying this at home...

Even if I had the means to hunt like this I don’t think I would - heck I’d hazard to guess that hunting via helicopter would be safer paid hunt confused2

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/20/18 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Pig_Popper

The results speak for themselves in terms of effectiveness of the method - glad you all made it through safely and while you did give a Disclaimer in the video I can foresee somebody(ies) trying this at home...

Even if I had the means to hunt like this I don’t think I would - heck I’d hazard to guess that hunting via helicopter would be safer paid hunt confused2

Pretty much everything we do could be replaced with the word dangerous. It's not for the timid or faint of heart for sure, but I for one will be doing it as often as possible!
Posted By: JTPinTX

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/20/18 07:44 PM

Friends of mine do a very similar thing, except out of Suburbans. They take the rear quarter windows out so there is just a big opening. They don't spend as much time in a single field though. They basically hit a field and then move on to the next one.

Pretty fun, but it takes lots of concentration, especially on the part of the driver. He needs to know the fields well and be very aware of where he is at in them.
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/20/18 07:44 PM

Well watch out for those creeks/ditches and hunt well
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/20/18 11:31 PM

clap
Looks like a hoot
Posted By: The Duke

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/21/18 01:40 AM

This is the way we shoot them. Tell ya what after doing it this way you would NEVER want to sit in another stand AGAIN!
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/21/18 02:23 AM

That was badass cheers
Posted By: TX Hitman

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/22/18 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: The Duke
This is the way we shoot them. Tell ya what after doing it this way you would NEVER want to sit in another stand AGAIN!

X2

Same with coyotes and rabbits.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/22/18 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Texaslawman
Originally Posted By: Pig_Popper

Pretty much everything we do could be replaced with the word dangerous. It's not for the timid or faint of heart for sure, but I for one will be doing it as often as possible!

& they thought i was muyloco for me caveman, huntsolo, flash light off, wondering about the woods slinger pistal on me hip. Don't recomend it. Yet fairly safe, hammer was on empty chamber, had area by myself.
Would have ta agree with Pig_Popper, we not even allowed ta choot out a window of a vechical that NOT moving, helicopter would be safer.
Was that a 50 round mag ? Resalts were good.
Stay Safe.

edit: One of the scariest rides been on was when me pard accidently shot himself when doing some slinger fast-drawing. We shot can or two, then just paraticed drawing, (it was cheating if ya started with hand on grips, arm was straight down) your thumb hit hammer & was cocked before out of holster point & fire, all one smooth motion. He twirled his back in, weight caused gun ta go off. Bullet went between belt in pant loops & the drop down holster belt. Getting to comfertable, (cocky) with fire arms can be dangerous.
Its a scary ride rushing gun shot wound pard ta hospital.
flag

Posted By: pigplinker

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/24/18 09:31 AM

Loved the video. Good job.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/24/18 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Deadend
clap
Looks like a hoot
Posted By: Black02z28

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 04/26/18 03:53 PM

I'll trade you a seat in our next helicopter shoot for a seat in a Ranger.
Posted By: rogerh

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 05/03/18 01:53 AM

That was awesome.... too bad u tube is doing their crap.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: My most EPIC hog hunt to date!!! - 05/03/18 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Originally Posted By: Stratgolfer
all u got to do is click on the white title of the video and it takes you to YouTube

Thanks! I learned something.

That was nuts.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum