Texas Hunting Forum

Boar and Coyote

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Boar and Coyote - 04/10/18 07:26 PM

Back down to Bosque County for my weekly visit to help the local hogs not feel welcome. Two hogs shot, one recovered, plus a bonus coyote.

The intended hog did not go down as anticipated. I made a straight on shot that impacted just below and forward of the left and and the round apparently went down into the neck without doing any CNS damage and it ran, so I hit it at least twice more before it went into the woods. I was able to pick it up again, inside the tree line and finally hit it with a stop shot and get it dropped and down. In all, I found 7 entry wounds with the possibility of at least one more. I found 5 exit wounds. A second hog was hit, but disappeared into the woods. bang

Later, I got a female coyote that came by - no calling to bring her in, she just happened to be meandering by.

Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Boar and Coyote - 04/10/18 08:39 PM

Sometimes the hogs don’t follow the script - at least you recovered one to show the landowner progress!
Posted By: chalet

Re: Boar and Coyote - 04/11/18 09:11 PM

Nice work, I always enjoy your vids. Would like to point out though that if you had been shooting a 300blk instead of the 6.5 there would be about 10 posts or so by now stating "thats why I got rid of my 300blk, they always run offt when I shot 'em" and "get a Grendel, it kills everything drt"

Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Boar and Coyote - 04/11/18 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: chalet
Nice work, I always enjoy your vids. Would like to point out though that if you had been shooting a 300blk instead of the 6.5 there would be about 10 posts or so by now stating "thats why I got rid of my 300blk, they always run offt when I shot 'em" and "get a Grendel, it kills everything drt"

Unless this is a rarity with Grendel versus routine with 300 BO

Re: Boar and Coyote - 04/12/18 01:00 AM

Lol, I don't know anyone shooting 300 blk 200+ yards that is hunting.
Posted By: chalet

Re: Boar and Coyote - 04/12/18 01:15 AM

You're right, I got a kick out of it though. Pigs just dont die sometime.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Boar and Coyote - 04/12/18 01:43 AM

Nice shooting. Sometimes they just refuse to go down like that boar I shot 5 times the other night with 300 grain slugs lol
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Boar and Coyote - 04/12/18 03:41 PM

Coyote was a classic example of "Wrong place, wrong time".

Nice going.

Re: Boar and Coyote - 04/12/18 03:49 PM

Yes, yes she was.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum