Texas Hunting Forum

Skull cleaning near cypress

Posted By: Aaronmittlestadt

Skull cleaning near cypress - 03/12/18 03:41 PM

Hello any recommendations for reasonably priced skull cleaning in the area. The hog was 80 lbs. I can whiten if it helps. Thanks
Posted By: Gwood88

Re: Skull cleaning near cypress - 03/12/18 07:47 PM

I just do it myself. Use a big, old stock pot the head can fit in and boil it.
Posted By: Old Stony

Re: Skull cleaning near cypress - 03/12/18 10:30 PM

Yup....just boil it a while, after you skin it. After boiling, just take a water hose and hit it with some pressure and you will blow the cooked meat right off the bone.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Skull cleaning near cypress - 03/13/18 01:37 AM

Easiest way is to bury it for a couple months. Dig it up and it will be clean with no trace of hair or anything and not smell either{usually}. Then I use whitening powder and cream mixture from Sally Beauty Supply. If you are not in a hurry this is a great way to do it. I also have a pot that goes over a 50 gal. barrel cut out on the bottom for wood with a smoke stack out the side but time has me being lazy these days.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Skull cleaning near cypress - 03/13/18 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: RattlesnakeDan
Easiest way is to bury it for a couple months. Dig it up and it will be clean with no trace of hair or anything and not smell either{usually}. Then I use whitening powder and cream mixture from Sally Beauty Supply. If you are not in a hurry this is a great way to do it. I also have a pot that goes over a 50 gal. barrel cut out on the bottom for wood with a smoke stack out the side but time has me being lazy these days.
this, or let fire ants do the cleaning, put mesh wire over it to keep critters away.
Posted By: Vern1

Re: Skull cleaning near cypress - 03/14/18 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: colt45
this or let fire ants do the cleaning, put mesh wire over it to keep critters away.

Find a big fire ant mound and drop the head in the mound to stir them up.
Then I put a wash tub or half barrel over it and put a cinder block on that.
Come back in a few weeks and it will be stripped clean.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum