Texas Hunting Forum

Looking to Hunt Hogs

Posted By: nrcook

Looking to Hunt Hogs - 03/07/18 02:35 PM

I currently live in Ohio but will be coming to San Antonio for training for 3 months and would love to do some hog hunting while I’m there, however, I am not really sure where to start. Is it easy to gain access on private ground? Or Would I be better off paying a daily to hunt at ranch? Is there alot of public land to hunt? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Nate
Posted By: PoppinPiggies

Re: Looking to Hunt Hogs - 03/07/18 02:43 PM

Hunts with outfitters can be very inexpensive here and they open you up to a lot of cool opportunities like thermal hunts and hogdoggin!
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Looking to Hunt Hogs - 03/07/18 04:57 PM

welcome ta texasHF.
Hog hunting is the next big thing. Lots of cool videos in here & on the net.

flag
Posted By: mphunter

Re: Looking to Hunt Hogs - 03/07/18 05:29 PM

Tough to get access on private land and not alot of public land. If i was going to be there for a few months you'd be better off using an outfitter. Ive had some good fun doing that! I prefer to go out on my own on Public land close to where I live but, outfitters can be great when time for scouting and access, etc is limited.
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Looking to Hunt Hogs - 03/11/18 04:18 PM

Are you in the military or a ex-vet?
If so, I can send you info on a place south of SA. Haven't been there in a few years, but it should be cheap for you vs. going thru a outfitter.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Looking to Hunt Hogs - 03/11/18 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: sqiggy
Are you in the military or a ex-vet?
If so, I can send you info on a place south of SA. Haven't been there in a few years, but it should be cheap for you vs. going thru a outfitter.

Freer?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum