Texas Hunting Forum

Hog Hunting Tawakoni WMA

Posted By: Booner1

Hog Hunting Tawakoni WMA - 01/30/18 03:40 PM

Anyone want to go hunt some hogs on the Tawakoni WMA this weekend? Still recovering from double knee replacement from last May and my wife doesn't like for me to go alone. The WMA is archery only for deer but opens up for hogs with shotgun and slugs or buckshot until the end of May. There are a lot of hogs on a couple of the units there and walk and stalk will be the order of the day. Anyone interested just give me a shout and I will get back with you.

Thanks,
Jimmy
Posted By: allan50

Re: Hog Hunting Tawakoni WMA - 01/31/18 12:40 AM

Never hunted there. Sounds fun. Have a shotgun that I would like try out

Re: Hog Hunting Tawakoni WMA - 01/31/18 01:47 PM

You need a annual public hunting permit, do you have one of those. Looks like I will be able to u]hunt on Sunday. Where are you located?
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Hog Hunting Tawakoni WMA - 02/02/18 02:10 AM

What part of the WMA? Is the walking tough? Darn a double knee replacement? Ya know wives are not always wrong.

Re: Hog Hunting Tawakoni WMA - 02/02/18 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: rickt300
What part of the WMA? Is the walking tough? Darn a double knee replacement? Ya know wives are not always wrong.

Pawnee unit near Lone Oak, has a good number of hogs but parts of it are pretty thick. I can walk about 3-4 miles a day now but my wife worries that I might fall so she prefers for me not to go alone. May be to cold for them now but there is also a good number of snakes (cotton mouths) in the area as well and since it has warmed up, I will be watching for them buggers as well.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Hog Hunting Tawakoni WMA - 02/03/18 02:46 PM

Theirs some areas that are really thick. Several times had ta back track & circle around, scratch then that's were the hogs go, thick areas.
Even in good health, it not bad idea ta go in patterns, reason got on forum, see if any one wanted ta do some WMA hunten. Stay safe.
flag
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Hog Hunting Tawakoni WMA - 02/04/18 03:54 AM

Thanks colt.45. Seems like we should get together and do some hunting sometime.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum