Texas Hunting Forum

This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too.

Posted By: Retired Sgt. Gilliam

This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/25/17 02:54 PM

The photo of the rifle is attached to show the cheapest night vision available. $150.00 Can't afford the expense of the others. It works great so doesn't matter to me. I use different methods also. This rifle is a Marlin 22lr. Shoot the ear hole. I use a 243 and crossbow also. The top 2 photos are rooting of a church
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/25/17 02:56 PM

I could care less about the damage they cause I hunt them because I get joy out of killing them

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/25/17 02:59 PM

Me too lol
Posted By: Sirrah243

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/25/17 03:56 PM

There is plenty of them to kill and there is more being born every single day. I don't know anything about night vision Sgt. How far can you see and shoot with that set up?

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/25/17 05:41 PM

With that night vision about 100 yards. I haven't tried further but it will shine further. It fits all my scopes so that's a Hugh plus and it will do day also in color. The only down side is I had to tint the monitor because its really bright at night. If you turn the brightness all the way down it will shine back on you and the animals can see. Tinting the screen is a must. The camera will show as far as the eye can see but night vision works off the infrared light that comes with it and id say 150 yards max.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/25/17 07:04 PM

This may sound blasphemous, but I like hunting pigs as much as I enjoy hunting deer.

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/25/17 07:13 PM

Nope. I agree with you. I hunt pigs more than I hunt deer. It would be nice if I had some hog hunting buddies here in East Texas. Most people have a schedule to keep. I do not
Posted By: normK

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/25/17 11:13 PM

hmmm.... I can't see the picture of the rifle you are referring to. I don't see a picture posted at all

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/26/17 12:42 AM

In sorry but the pictures are there. Don't know why you can't see them
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/26/17 03:44 AM

Yep, I see four photos in the original post, the last one is the rifle.
Posted By: djones

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/26/17 02:48 PM

damm gilly. you sure you don't need a tv set attached to that rifle!!

yea if i let babies go my farmer friends would thrash me along with the peanuts
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/27/17 02:05 PM

cheers I see the photos also. You use what you can and kill every hog/pig you can. They breed like fire ants.
Posted By: normK

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/31/17 01:13 AM

when I check this post on my phone, I do see the pictures. But they are NOT showing up on my work computer, so I'm assuming our workplace filtering is blocking them. frown

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/31/17 01:53 AM

My newest contraption

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/31/17 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Retired Sgt. Gilliam

My newest contraption

That doesn't look the least functional

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/31/17 01:07 PM

It does the job. What its meant for
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/31/17 03:05 PM

Putting the FUN in FUNctional, eh?

What the hey, looks interesting.
Keep After 'Em!
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/31/17 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Retired Sgt. Gilliam

My newest contraption

What could go wrong?? popcorn

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/31/17 03:43 PM

Lol. Will let you know

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/31/17 04:49 PM

Hang a bed sheet off that mast and it will set sail
Posted By: enigmausly

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/31/17 07:35 PM

Looks functional for a static position ... would hate to carry it around in the bush ... looks like it would eat batteries, or do you have a extension cord? lol

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 10/31/17 10:55 PM

Lol. It comes with 3 18650 batteries. And I only use it sitting in my blind. To bulky to walk around with at night. Only use it for hogs unless I'm deer hunting then it is removed. I'm not getting busted for night time deer hunting ? I don't leave it on. Just check the area then it goes off. But it's supposed to last about 8 hours in continuous on mode
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 11/02/17 02:17 AM

Like your style Sir, Thank You for your service
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 11/02/17 01:12 PM

This was just south of Leesburg - near your area it appears

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 11/02/17 04:45 PM

Cool. I wonder whose yard
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 11/02/17 05:14 PM

Our place is not far from Leesburg and we are invested and have been for years soap peep
Posted By: SJdport57

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 11/02/17 09:26 PM

What brand is that $150 night vision? I might need to get one for myself!

Re: This is why we hog hunt and why we take out baby pigs too. - 11/02/17 11:30 PM

Type this into Amazon. But I bought mine off wish. Up to you. DIY NIGHT VISION.
DIY stands for do it yourself.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum