Texas Hunting Forum

5 Hogs Down Before More North Texas Storms

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

5 Hogs Down Before More North Texas Storms - 10/22/17 08:07 PM

Interesting evening. Was headed over to one of my landowner's places and sent him a note and he called immediately and said not to go because he had deer hunters checking out the place, but that he had a neighbor getting hit hard by hogs. Now, I already work for this neighbor on two places he leases, but this was his own land that I had never been on before. I showed up at the neighbor's place and got the nickel tour just well enough to know the limits of the property and where the livestock and houses were. I picked up Jeff and we got setup up on top of a hill that could see about 70% of the property.

Winds were high and much of the newly planted wheat field was up wind of us, but of course the hogs appeared down wind of us about as far away as they could possibly be, LOL.

We found 4 pigs, got the usual pictures, and Jeff stepped off into the tree line to get acquainted with nature and immediately spied a 5th hog down in a low spot just inside the woods...so we redid the pics, LOL. I believe there is a sixth hog down, another that Jeff shot, but we could not find it. The treed area where the hogs were when we started shooting is full of gullies. It could be down anywhere in one of those low areas.

I fired 5 shots and took out 4 hogs and 1 tree. Jeff fired 4 shots hitting 1 hog twice and possibly hitting a second.

Posted By: mikei

Re: 5 Hogs Down Before More North Texas Storms - 10/22/17 08:50 PM

Great video! Does your neighbor have a limit on how many trees you can take down? And does he specify what types of trees are in season? wink
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: 5 Hogs Down Before More North Texas Storms - 10/22/17 09:50 PM

I am sure the bag limit on trees will depend on what area of the property they are growing, LOL.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: 5 Hogs Down Before More North Texas Storms - 10/22/17 10:27 PM

Another excellent video!
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: 5 Hogs Down Before More North Texas Storms - 10/22/17 11:14 PM

Nice shooting
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: 5 Hogs Down Before More North Texas Storms - 10/22/17 11:36 PM

clap clap clap
Posted By: mikei

Re: 5 Hogs Down Before More North Texas Storms - 10/23/17 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
I am sure the bag limit on trees will depend on what area of the property they are growing, LOL.

grin wink
Posted By: DavidK

Re: 5 Hogs Down Before More North Texas Storms - 10/23/17 02:27 AM

Good shooting. That wet one looked cool.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: 5 Hogs Down Before More North Texas Storms - 10/23/17 08:19 AM

Always enjoy the videos. clap
Posted By: Paul W

Re: 5 Hogs Down Before More North Texas Storms - 10/27/17 03:16 PM

Sweet Vid!
Posted By: Hogz

Re: 5 Hogs Down Before More North Texas Storms - 11/29/17 01:37 AM

Awesome job! Great video! Fun to watch
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum