Texas Hunting Forum

1 Shot Drops 2 Wild Hogs!

Posted By: HansETX

1 Shot Drops 2 Wild Hogs! - 09/05/17 04:31 PM

I'd rather be lucky than good anyday of the week. After seeing this sounder act spooked and skiddish, I realized that I've been wearing the same hunting clothes 3 nights in a row and I stunk to high-hell! They definitely we're picking up my scent, I'm surprised that they just didn't drop dead from the musky aroma coming from my sweaty clothes. I started to get very anxious because my shooting window was disappearing quickly. I finally had a chance for a clean headshot and was surprised to find that my 1 shot actually went through the head of the first hog and entered the lungs of the hog behind the first one! Dumb luck but I'll take it...

Posted By: kmon11

Re: 1 Shot Drops 2 Wild Hogs! - 09/05/17 04:50 PM

Great use of a bullet
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: 1 Shot Drops 2 Wild Hogs! - 09/05/17 04:57 PM

That's awesome.

Re: 1 Shot Drops 2 Wild Hogs! - 09/05/17 05:04 PM

Got two hogs and it only cost me $1.25! Haha...
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: 1 Shot Drops 2 Wild Hogs! - 09/05/17 05:14 PM

The video shows you shooting a hog facing left but your narration states the bullet entered the right side of the pigs head and exited the left side .

How did you pull that off ?

peep

Just tuggin your shirt tail Hans, good video and quite a feat to get a double from 223.

It was just hog # 2's time...

Re: 1 Shot Drops 2 Wild Hogs! - 09/05/17 05:23 PM

Haha! Yeah I saw that too.. when he dropped to the ground and he was kicking and clawing a lot. He must have spun himself around on the ground. Thanks for watching!
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: 1 Shot Drops 2 Wild Hogs! - 09/05/17 05:40 PM

clap

rifle taz taz

Re: 1 Shot Drops 2 Wild Hogs! - 09/06/17 01:28 AM

I may never get a two'fer again so I'm soaking it up now..
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: 1 Shot Drops 2 Wild Hogs! - 09/06/17 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: HansETX
I may never get a two'fer again so I'm soaking it up now..

A big CONGRATS, and you will get more. We actually try for twofers. We just wait to line them up. They generally are just milling around and it can be done, but if they are skittish and running everywhere we pop the first one and hope another will stop for a curtain call.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: 1 Shot Drops 2 Wild Hogs! - 09/06/17 03:09 AM

Excellent on the hogs! I think I have gotten two-fers twice now. It is always a bonus!

As far as you being the cause for the hogs to be skittish, unless the wind was blowing right at them, then maybe not. Lots of things can cause hogs to be skittish. They are raising their noses to find out if they can smell a threat. If they smelled you, then likely they would be gone. They may be spooked and skittish, but there are lots of things that may cause that other than you.

To be honest, I am not sure that wearing stinky field clothes isn't a more natural scent for the field than clean clothes.
Posted By: Outdoor Legacy

Re: 1 Shot Drops 2 Wild Hogs! - 09/06/17 03:25 AM

I think I'd have to shoot a RPG to get a twofer. grin

Re: 1 Shot Drops 2 Wild Hogs! - 09/06/17 01:34 PM

Haha RPG! There are some days that I feel like a couldn't hit a hog even if it was close enough to lick my boot..
Posted By: Outdoor Legacy

Re: 1 Shot Drops 2 Wild Hogs! - 09/06/17 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: HansETX
Haha RPG! There are some days that I feel like a couldn't hit a hog even if it was close enough to lick my boot..

LOL! I hear ya.

Hey check your PM's when you have time.

Re: 1 Shot Drops 2 Wild Hogs! - 09/07/17 12:04 AM

Hey Jason, just messaged you back..
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: 1 Shot Drops 2 Wild Hogs! - 09/08/17 09:25 AM

cheers
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: 1 Shot Drops 2 Wild Hogs! - 09/08/17 01:45 PM

clap

Re: 1 Shot Drops 2 Wild Hogs! - 09/08/17 07:04 PM

Next time I'm going to try shooting with my eyes open..
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum