Texas Hunting Forum

Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price!

Posted By: HansETX

Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 08/29/17 03:53 PM

So my mother-in-law called me to help out with a hog problem. I showed up to find that her beautiful backyard was completely trashed by hog damage. Now, my mother-in-law is not against hunting or hunters, she just doesn't like to talk or here about killing animals. But, since the hogs moved in a rooted up her precious yard, she's ready to start hanging hog heads from fence posts! I setup a hog trap with soured corn and was unsuccessful trapping anything. The third night I decided to campout on the back porch to see if anything would show up. Finally, at 10:30 pm, 3 or more hogs started walking up in the tree line on the edge of the yard. I was able to drop the first sow ready away with a headshot before the others darted off back in the woods. Check out all of the damage that was done to this beautiful backyard and the sow that paid the ultimate price..

Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 08/29/17 05:11 PM

up

From the looks of the yard you may need to spend a few more evenings out on the porch.....

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 08/29/17 05:36 PM

For sure!

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 08/29/17 06:59 PM

Saw 4 or 5 there in the backyard yesterday but didn't have my rifle with me..
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 08/29/17 09:09 PM

Carry at all times, Here comes da JUDGE.
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 08/29/17 09:45 PM

You have the perfect set-up to use a AirForce TexanSS airgun. You would have been able to shoot all three hogs without them ever knowing what hit them. I shot one this weekend at the Texas Airgun Show in Mansfield. It is deadly accurate and produces little sound. .457 Caliber producing up to 400 FPE. AirForce TexanSS

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 08/29/17 10:00 PM

I'll have to check that out!! I've always wanted to try one..
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 08/29/17 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: HornSlayer
You have the perfect set-up to use a AirForce TexanSS airgun. You would have been able to shoot all three hogs without them ever knowing what hit them. I shot one this weekend at the Texas Airgun Show in Mansfield. It is deadly accurate and produces little sound. .457 Caliber producing up to 400 FPE. AirForce TexanSS

Seems like a nifty gun, but I imagine the impact on the first hog will scatter the others.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 08/30/17 12:01 AM

Keeping MIL happy helps keep the wife happy! Good job!

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 08/30/17 01:20 AM

Yeah the MIL runs the show for sure!
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 08/30/17 03:41 AM

Children I know we must let them think they are in charge but we are it! The art of manipulating MIL's it just that but it is possible. Keeping the wife happy is truly where it's at!

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 08/30/17 12:28 PM

Very true!

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 08/31/17 04:39 PM

Shot another hog in the backyard last night..
Posted By: glocker17

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 08/31/17 10:35 PM

Quote:
ou have the perfect set-up to use a AirForce TexanSS airgun. You would have been able to shoot all three hogs without them ever knowing what hit them. I shot one this weekend at the Texas Airgun Show in Mansfield. It is deadly accurate and produces little sound. .457 Caliber producing up to 400 FPE. AirForce TexanSS

Nope, they will run off. The Texan SS is still loud enough to spook em, even a Subsonic 22 with a can will run them off. Its the bullet impact I think.
Posted By: LKW

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 08/31/17 10:40 PM

if that was my yard I would be a little more then upset

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 08/31/17 11:00 PM

My MIL is out for blood..
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 09/01/17 12:30 AM

Give the MIL the AR and have at it, 100 round drum. Whoopee. rifle
Posted By: Deerslayer94

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 09/01/17 06:02 AM

Kill em all lol

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 09/01/17 12:50 PM

She's about ready to shoot anything that walks in the yard
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 09/02/17 09:43 AM

Good shooting. When the hogs visit people for the first time it shows them why everybody else complains. up
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 09/05/17 12:32 AM

That's easy hunting right there. Great job

Re: Wild Hogs Destroy Beautiful Backyard! 1 Sow Pays the Price! - 09/14/17 05:52 PM

I'll tell you what.. armadillos are getting my yard right now.. they are almost as bad as hogs!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum