Texas Hunting Forum

2 Hogs, 1 Coyote, and Testing New Gear

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

2 Hogs, 1 Coyote, and Testing New Gear - 08/07/17 01:57 PM

I got in some new 6.5 Grendel Federal Berger 130 gr. Hybrid OTM about the same time I got some new Alexander Arms E-Lander magazines and a Kynshot hydraulic buffer. So Saturday ended up being a day of range testing and field testing.

We only recovered two of the hogs I shot. The first lost hog was simply poor shot placement due to being unsteady on a freshly plowed slope and I have no clue what happened to the 2nd hog (part 2) that was lost as it was shot (at) by multiple shooters. Otherwise, the shots that connected on the two small hogs were generally very nasty and did a lot of damage. I look forward to trying these rounds on a larger hog.

The Kynshot hydraulic buffer is just plain COOL! It isn't that the Grendel has massive recoil and needs to have a buffer, but it certainly takes the sharpness out of the recoil. They are pricey, but when funds are available, I may have to get a couple more of these.

Boone, "The Wonder Horse" kept us from getting on to a lone boar, but he was sure fun to watch as he protected his pasture. Every time the boar tried to cross the pasture, Boone would drive him back to the tree/fence line. Eventually, the boar just gave up and left.

Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: 2 Hogs, 1 Coyote, and Testing New Gear - 08/07/17 08:46 PM

Another good night up
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: 2 Hogs, 1 Coyote, and Testing New Gear - 08/08/17 03:15 AM

Nice going there. Pretty soon PETA is going to put you on a wanted poster!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum