Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for hog hunt for my daughter and me

Posted By: fullrutt

Looking for hog hunt for my daughter and me - 08/04/17 01:29 AM

I am trying to find a place a hour or two from Houston. We are from Baton Rouge and our offshore and inshore tournament season is coming to a end. My daughter has asked me to take her hog hunting and I also want to shoot a trophy to full body mount. Looking at Independence ranch but didn't know if anyone had better suggestion, want guarantee hunt, as she wants to kill a few, she says. LOL

Any help is much appreciated, looking to come in within the next 30 days.

Thanks for your help
Posted By: HamSlamma

Re: Looking for hog hunt for my daughter and me - 08/05/17 10:20 AM

Rutt,,,,I am new to the site also, and have been looking for a guided hunt in south Texas.
I went to google and punched in "Independence Ranch Reviews".

I didn't like what I was reading,,,so I'm still looking for something within 100 miles or so of Del Rio.

Good luck with your search......
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Looking for hog hunt for my daughter and me - 08/05/17 02:55 PM

fullrutt & HamSlamma welcome ta texasHF...
Not sure about the area that ya'll hunten... Had same problem, confused2 hear about the hog problems, so started posting about the advantages of hunting publuc land WMA ... Theirs one just down the road were used ta live in Smith county, tad bit further than what might care ta drive...
Not sure if theirs any in your imediate area... Did the leasing, only one lease had few hogs on it... Prices started going up, then was Blessed when a WMA opened up down the road, finding hogs was easy part, due ta the 24-7-365 hunting pressure from surrounding land owners... Getting them out was when the work began... Walk in only...
Every now & then get a few good reviews on here of places for hog hunts, first got on here, usdta get reply with in minnutes from outfitters.. Best wishes... flag
Posted By: TXGH

Re: Looking for hog hunt for my daughter and me - 08/05/17 04:08 PM

If you are looking for a great hunt thats cheap not too far from Houstin, check out WolfPenHunts.com You will not be sorry. Tell him I sent you for a special price. No shot opportunity, no pay. and I have never gone and not gotten a shot at a hog. But they do not have "trophy hogs" they are a meat hunt ranch.
Posted By: Red Dirt Outfitters Tx

Re: Looking for hog hunt for my daughter and me - 08/05/17 04:59 PM

Check us out at red dirt outfitters tx on Facebook. Or give me a call 9406369009
Posted By: HamSlamma

Re: Looking for hog hunt for my daughter and me - 08/06/17 01:07 PM

Thanks jtprocaddie and red dirt, but that's a little to far to travel from where we will be staying.
We will be flying into San Antonio and driving to Del Rio

Re: Looking for hog hunt for my daughter and me - 08/06/17 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: HamSlamma
Thanks jtprocaddie and red dirt, but that's a little to far to travel from where we will be staying.
We will be flying into San Antonio and driving to Del Rio

Columbus Texas is 2 hours from San Antonio - You may also look up Boars Nest Hunts in Columbus as well.. They have a few good sized hogs as well.
Posted By: fullrutt

Re: Looking for hog hunt for my daughter and me - 08/07/17 12:47 AM

Thanks everyone going with Wold Pen...

Re: Looking for hog hunt for my daughter and me - 08/07/17 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: fullrutt
Thanks everyone going with Wold Pen...

Wolf Pen is a great place. Glad I could help out.
Posted By: Hogz

Re: Looking for hog hunt for my daughter and me - 08/16/17 02:24 AM

Be sure to check out HUNTERS CREEK RANCH in North east Texas. Mt. Vernon, tx to be exact.
We've been going there for 6 yrs now and love this place.
$275/day gets you 2 pigs per day, 2 meals per day, room and board. Tons of pigs (big pigs!!)
Bob and Doreen run an outstanding ranch!!

Check them out at www.hunterscreekranchtx.com

You'll be glad you did!

Let me know if you have any questions...ill send you some pics etc if you want!!
Posted By: Hogz

Re: Looking for hog hunt for my daughter and me - 08/16/17 02:26 AM

Oops..didn't see that you'll be in San Antonio ... Not very close to Hunters creek ranch! Sorry! Missed that post!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum