Texas Hunting Forum

Well, my local hog spot got poached.

Posted By: Danno

Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/22/17 08:42 PM

Been several weeks since I hunted this spot. Found all my stuff missing when I went out to fill the feeders.

Thieves came on my mini-ranch (40 acres on a river) and got me for 2 of my big Outfitter lights, 2 game cameras and my pop-up blind along with my comfy chairs. (Fell asleep in them more than a time or two)

Police caught 2 of the 3 on property this last Sunday (3rd made it to the woods) as a friend noticed the lock on the gate had been broken off and when he investigated, saw they were still inside. Waiting to see if police recovered any of my stuff.

They may had been out there multiple times. Dirt movers and trailers were on property as well. Errr.... Bad people suck.
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/22/17 09:01 PM

big ol bag of richard's - I hate worthless piles of shart like that

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/22/17 09:13 PM

^truth.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/22/17 09:17 PM

Hope they get your stuff back since they caught them on the property
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/22/17 09:29 PM

Glad the police got 'em though, I'm sure the two will roll on #3.

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/22/17 09:45 PM

Still waiting on details. Not sure if these guys were the ones that stole it this time or same crew at a different time or different people...
I have had multiple people show up on my game cameras before. First time I saw that, I started packing like Rambo just to go pig hunting.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/22/17 10:15 PM

Sorry to hear that. Had the same thing happen to me. Thieves stole my cameras and trashed my feeder. I hate thieves, trespassers and poachers. Low life scum.
Posted By: yotehater

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/22/17 11:52 PM

Shame you can't shoot them.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/23/17 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Danno

Police caught 2 of the 3 on property this last Sunday

Did they: Book-em Danno flag
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/23/17 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: yotehater
Shame you can't shoot them.

Ain't that the damn truth...
Posted By: samsamthemex

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/23/17 10:59 AM

Hate to hear about thieves!! hope you recover your gear!!
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/23/17 03:22 PM

Damn, that's is shameful. Hope you get stuff back. At least hopefully the thieves will spread the word and keep out of your property.

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/23/17 03:35 PM

LOL

Originally Posted By: colt.45
Originally Posted By: Danno

Police caught 2 of the 3 on property this last Sunday

Did they: Book-em Danno flag

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/23/17 03:41 PM

Just got off phone with PO-PO. Nothing of mine was recovered. Apparently it was stolen prior to these numb nuts getting caught. They had metal and copper in their vehicle. Freaking S-ton of pawnshops in this area. Guess I need a police report to show pawn shop if I find my stuff in there? Anyone have experience in this? Hitting the circuit this afternoon...

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/23/17 08:35 PM

Well great news! Kinda... The police have my stuff. They confiscated it from the thieves house I am assuming. At this point, I don't care. BUT, now I have to prove this is my stuff with pictures and receipts. WTH? You guessed it, lawyers are now involved in this mess... The land owner that gave me permission and the key to the lock on the gate is fighting for me. We shall see.

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/23/17 09:21 PM

Drama keeps getting weirder. Thieves claim it is their land. Owner has to take his deed before a judge in 10 days. Until then, I wait...
Posted By: Mike Mathena

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/24/17 11:27 AM

How do they not know where their property line ends?
Posted By: yotehater

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/24/17 12:52 PM

Not surprised. Get some purple paint and mark your boundary as trespassing notice. Chances are slim to get it back from evidence of crime if not engraved with dl# or address.

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/24/17 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: yotehater
Not surprised. Get some purple paint and mark your boundary as trespassing notice. Chances are slim to get it back from evidence of crime if not engraved with dl# or address.

Well thats a downer...
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/25/17 10:32 PM

Sounds like a hog dogger maneuver. They love to throw off the land owner by claiming it is there land, it leaves you in a position that you have to prove yourself.
It happen to me once and the trespasser even threatened to call the law on me. I told him that he was going to have to beat me to it. I had the sheriff on the phone pronto, that guy was gone, I would have had to shoot him to stop him.

I would think the judge should make the other guy show up with a deed. Why only your landowner?
Seems odd to be steeling stuff from his own land.
Posted By: Wacm

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/27/17 03:35 PM

Good luck!!! Pray about it...that all we can do
Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/28/17 02:54 PM

Good luck Dan. I think I need to start engraving my DL# on all my gear just in case. Had one feeder disappear last year and never recovered it. I had pictures of the thief but police had no way to know who it was or identify my feeder. Gates and locks only good for keeping honest people honest.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/28/17 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
Sounds like a hog dogger maneuver. They love to throw off the land owner by claiming it is there land, it leaves you in a position that you have to prove yourself.
It happen to me once and the trespasser even threatened to call the law on me. I told him that he was going to have to beat me to it. I had the sheriff on the phone pronto, that guy was gone, I would have had to shoot him to stop him.

I would think the judge should make the other guy show up with a deed. Why only your landowner?

lol very mature blame it on a group....

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/29/17 12:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot

Umm, who did I blame?
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/29/17 01:55 PM

Umm, who did I blame?

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 06/29/17 06:05 PM

Umm, who did I blame?

Comparing to a group is not blaming a group.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Well, my local hog spot got poached. - 07/04/17 08:32 AM

popcorn
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum