Texas Hunting Forum

Scent dripper what's your sauce?

Posted By: baconluvr

Scent dripper what's your sauce? - 01/08/17 07:56 PM

I've been thinking about adding a scent dripper to hog hunting with rifle season coming to a close next month. I figure if it works on bucks may as well give it a shot on a hog? Problem is maybe 50% of the reviews I'm reading from various drippers people seem to think it's fighting against them not helping. I'd like to know more about the sow's gestation windows too before randomly putting sow juice in the air. Thanks for anyone willing to offer up their advice or experience. We are adding some railroad ties for back scratching and are going to keep with soured/kool aid/yeast corn throws. Just want to learn from you who are using a scent dripper 1. if it works and 2. what kind you are using. Thanks all
Posted By: CollinCountyCab

Re: Scent dripper what's your sauce? - 01/11/17 01:40 PM

whats a scent dripper?
Posted By: baconluvr

Re: Scent dripper what's your sauce? - 01/11/17 02:05 PM

Also called a scrape dripper. Any various scents can be put in just a device to slowly drip near rubs and scrapes.

Posted By: CollinCountyCab

Re: Scent dripper what's your sauce? - 01/11/17 03:03 PM

Diesel on a post? I have been reading a ton of info on "attracting" hogs. Wouldn't the most simple and inexpensive one work.....petrol on post? Do you think the cherry kool aid is helping the corn?
Posted By: rickym

Re: Scent dripper what's your sauce? - 01/11/17 04:24 PM

Diesel or creosote on a post or tree trunk will work. Add a pile of corn next to it and wait, or a pig pipe
Posted By: a74aggie

Re: Scent dripper what's your sauce? - 01/12/17 02:29 AM

Tie a grenade to that scent dripper, and when they pull......LOL
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum