Texas Hunting Forum

Close the windows and here they come

Posted By: 603Country

Close the windows and here they come - 11/23/16 02:41 AM

Yesterday, just at dark, I saw something big and black on my hay field. Big dog? Hog? So I sat in a hay field box blind this afternoon. Nothing. No deer. No coyote. No pigs. But hey, I'm here, so I'll stick around till dark-thirty. Finally gave it up. Put the binocs away. Closed the windows and picked up my possible bag and reached for the rifle. Looked out one more time and....and...that's not a hay bale. Got the binocs back out and it's a big danged black hog. Got a window open a few inches and it made one stinking squeeky noise and the hog is in motion. Trotting to the east. It's pretty darn dark, but he's still visible in the Vortex Viper. Got the crosshairs on him and let fly. Heard the "whop" noise. Raining now. Find him tomorrow.

Nothing shows up till I close the darn windows.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Close the windows and here they come - 11/23/16 03:00 AM

ERRRRRRRR!!!!!!
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Close the windows and here they come - 11/23/16 03:43 AM

Sounds like my last hog hunt. Had them hitting the feeder regularly so I went out and sat a long while...nothing.

Hoping to make up for it next time out.

Hope you find your beastie in the am...he should be easy to find if he is down in the field
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Close the windows and here they come - 11/23/16 11:20 AM

I have seen many pigs show up for that last look out the window as I am reaching for the door.
Posted By: Age N Score ?

Re: Close the windows and here they come - 11/23/16 11:37 AM

slinger
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Close the windows and here they come - 11/23/16 02:45 PM

OK, so tell the truth... how many of you say to yourself, "OK, I'm going to leave now..." drag butt around for a few minutes, and do it several times, wanting this very thing to happpen.

Charlie
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Close the windows and here they come - 11/23/16 04:26 PM

All the time. Just wait a few more, they will show. BS then there they are , going down the ladder.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Close the windows and here they come - 11/24/16 03:45 PM

cheers
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Close the windows and here they come - 12/11/16 07:58 AM

rifle
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum