Texas Hunting Forum

Hog Kill shots.

Posted By: Texaslawman

Hog Kill shots. - 11/21/16 03:10 PM

Here are a few of the many kills the 120gr MKZ is racking up, I am continually impressed with this bullet.

Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Hog Kill shots. - 11/21/16 04:15 PM

I'm sure its a good bullet, but mostly I'm just seeing 'good shot placement'.

I.E. if you hit a hog in the neck or high shoulder with ANY reasonable bullet, you get good stops/kills more often than not.

Lacking a Necropsy of each hog....its hard to know whether or not this bullet outperformed a competitor (with identical shot placement) or not, but if the recovered bullet is indicative of bullet expansion and weight retention, I'd have to say it looks like a winner.

But from the video alone....I just see good shooting.
Posted By: Texaslawman

Re: Hog Kill shots. - 11/21/16 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: flintknapper
I'm sure its a good bullet, but mostly I'm just seeing 'good shot placement'.

I.E. if you hit a hog in the neck or high shoulder with ANY reasonable bullet, you get good stops/kills more often than not.

Lacking a Necropsy of each hog....its hard to know whether or not this bullet outperformed a competitor (with identical shot placement) or not, but if the recovered bullet is indicative of bullet expansion and weight retention, I'd have to say it looks like a winner.

But from the video alone....I just see good shooting.

Some were good shots, some were center gut shots, a couple were rear end "Texas heart shots" these bullets are performing very well. The recovered bullet show at the engine was a Texas heart shot that went the entire length of a 200 pound boar and stuck in the hair just behind his neck! I've tried a lot of bullets the have surpassed most by a long ways.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Hog Kill shots. - 11/21/16 06:03 PM

Good endorsement then.

Appreciate the additional information.

up
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Hog Kill shots. - 11/21/16 06:15 PM

Nice shooting, good video.

Heck, I even liked the music! laugh
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Hog Kill shots. - 11/21/16 06:45 PM

up
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Hog Kill shots. - 11/21/16 10:32 PM

Great video.
Posted By: Woj

Re: Hog Kill shots. - 11/22/16 11:08 PM

With a well placed bullet, a 300+ lb boar drops like a bag of rocks. My daughter (age 9 at the time of the video) proved this point many years ago with a well placed shot with a 55 gr .223. She shoots at about the 1:30 mark of my shaky home made video. And she tells us where she was aiming at about the 3:25 mark.

Posted By: Age N Score ?

Re: Hog Kill shots. - 11/23/16 11:54 AM

elmer I could watch that over and over everyday!
Posted By: redhaze

Re: Hog Kill shots. - 11/23/16 02:23 PM

Wow, nice
Posted By: 4dog

Re: Hog Kill shots. - 12/03/16 03:24 PM

Cool vids !!
Posted By: waverider

Re: Hog Kill shots. - 12/04/16 05:02 AM

Great shooting
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Hog Kill shots. - 12/04/16 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: waverider