Texas Hunting Forum

Collected some bacon this weekend

Posted By: redchevy

Collected some bacon this weekend - 10/24/16 01:19 PM

Last time we were out at the place I set our hog traps, but forgot to untie the doors. When we checked the next morning there was hog sign all over traps were sprung (doors still tied open) and all the bait was gone. bang

Set the traps this time again and after a little ribbing we hit the sack. The next morning was still and calm, every so often you could hear a squeal and clang of the trap from camp, we got some this time! Never know what to expect for the most part they are pretty trap shy around us. 7 total, glad to have them and the buzzards sure enjoyed the fresh gut pile.

Posted By: LovinLakeLife

Re: Collected some bacon this weekend - 10/24/16 01:33 PM

clap
Posted By: mikei

Re: Collected some bacon this weekend - 10/24/16 02:02 PM

Well done! And that's what I call a HOG TRAP!! As opposed to the nasty little home-made POS I built and am using!! blush

Re: Collected some bacon this weekend - 10/24/16 02:12 PM

One of them is home made the other is bought.

They are both sturdy, the home made one is HEAVY! Only regrets the homemade one is built out of used cattle pannels, lots of little hogs get out of it.
Posted By: TXHunterKLewis

Re: Collected some bacon this weekend - 10/24/16 04:38 PM

Nice lot of hogs.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Collected some bacon this weekend - 10/24/16 05:12 PM

You must have walked up very quietly to the trap, to have caught them all asleep like that. wink
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Collected some bacon this weekend - 10/24/16 05:59 PM

Congratulations! Keep after 'em!
--

Re: Collected some bacon this weekend - 10/24/16 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: flintknapper
You must have walked up very quietly to the trap, to have caught them all asleep like that. wink

Thanks for the laugh up
Posted By: rickym

Re: Collected some bacon this weekend - 10/24/16 06:57 PM

Looks like good eatin sized pigs. up
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Collected some bacon this weekend - 10/24/16 07:27 PM

Yep, lots of good eating there. up
Posted By: driedmeat

Re: Collected some bacon this weekend - 10/24/16 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy

Thanks for the laugh up

sleeping pigs - my favorite. looks like some dang good eaters!

Re: Collected some bacon this weekend - 10/24/16 09:27 PM

One of them is home made the other is bought.

They are both sturdy, the home made one is HEAVY! Only regrets the homemade one is built out of used cattle pannels, lots of little hogs get out of it.

You can fix that problem with some more cow panel cut to fit and attached with some of those stainless steel hose clamps. Just set the new pieces of panel so that they overlap and close up the openings in the original panel by 1/2, and you got a pretty much escape-proof trap. If you don't want to go to the expense of more cow panel, chicken wire tied to the panels will keep the little fellers in quite well.

Re: Collected some bacon this weekend - 10/24/16 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: driedmeat

Thanks for the laugh up

sleeping pigs - my favorite. looks like some dang good eaters!

We call them little fellers "Weber Pigs," since they fit so nicely on a Weber Grill!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum