Texas Hunting Forum

Real or fake

Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Real or fake - 10/22/16 10:26 PM

Allegedly shot in South Texas

Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Real or fake - 10/22/16 10:29 PM

Prob one of those big Eurasian boats they kill in Europe I doubt South Texas.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Real or fake - 10/22/16 10:42 PM

Did you ever notice all the claims being made about unusual kills seem to be void of anything identifying the kills as to where they are from, sort of like the pic of the mountain lion chasing the hog that has been attributed to virtually every southern state in the US? It was a cropped game camera image, the time stamp having been stripped and so it gets recycled every so often and folks don't realize it is years old. Notice you don't see a Texas license plate on the truck. Notice no people are shown. I would guess that it is a South American image. I have seen similar images from Brazil and Argentina.

In fact, doing a Google image search reveals the image is from here...
http://www.adjorisc.com.br/jornais/corre...serra-1.1875530

State of Santa Catarina
Brazil

Re: Real or fake - 10/22/16 10:43 PM

Do those Russian boars even get that big, though? That thing looks enormous.

Re: Real or fake - 10/22/16 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Did you ever notice all the claims being made about unusual kills seem to be void of anything identifying the kills as to where they are from, sort of like the pic of the mountain lion chasing the hog that has been attributed to virtually every southern state in the US? It was a cropped game camera image, the time stamp having been stripped and so it gets recycled every so often and folks don't realize it is years old. Notice you don't see a Texas license plate on the truck. Notice no people are shown. I would guess that it is a South American image. I have seen similar images from Brazil and Argentina.

State of Santa Catarina
Brazil

Good catch! That didn't take long.
Posted By: East

Re: Real or fake - 10/22/16 10:58 PM

Its true, I shot it and put it on the bed of the truck myself

Re: Real or fake - 10/22/16 11:16 PM

The only hogs I've seen that big were the ones in the bars and clubs around Ft Hood looking for an Army man to support them.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Real or fake - 10/22/16 11:25 PM

Went to bed with a 10 woke up with a pig I mean 1.
Posted By: bull279

Re: Real or fake - 10/22/16 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
The only hogs I've seen that big were the ones in the bars and clubs around Ft Hood looking for an Army man to support them.

Dependapotamuses!

Re: Real or fake - 10/22/16 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By: bull279

Dependapotamuses!
clap
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Real or fake - 10/22/16 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter

State of Santa Catarina
Brazil

Anytime you encounter a questionable photo, just right click on the image and google the image.

Often times you trace it back to the original source, though that may not tell you anything about it.

Most often you will see the photo posted many other places with various stories/claims made about it.

Wild hogs can indeed grow quite large in certain parts of the world. Doubt you will ever see anything like that coming out of South Texas.

Re: Real or fake - 10/22/16 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: flintknapper

State of Santa Catarina
Brazil

Anytime you encounter a questionable photo, just right click on the image and google the image.

Often times you trace it back to the original source, though that may not tell you anything about it.

Most often you will see the photo posted many other places with various stories/claims made about it.

Wild hogs can indeed grow quite large in certain parts of the world. Doubt you will ever see anything like that coming out of South Texas.

I use the internet exclusively with an iPad and iPhone (other than for work) and I don't know of a way to reverse lookup a photo using Google on a mobile device.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Real or fake - 10/23/16 12:42 AM

How much do yall think this one weighed? Was caught by a forum member..
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Real or fake - 10/23/16 02:57 AM

Well, it weighed 790 lbs, reportedly, but wasn't that a domestic hog that had been turned out?

Re: Real or fake - 10/23/16 03:26 AM

Such a stoic pose in the background there.

Sounds like DNS knows that hog. My question was about the hog I submitted and also the how big feral hogs can get. 790 is a big one, in my mind. Almost hard to believe.
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Real or fake - 10/23/16 03:38 AM

Sounds like DNS knows that hog. My question was about the hog I submitted and also the how big feral hogs can get. 790 is a big one, in my mind. Almost hard to believe.

Most of the great big hogs are not feral as much as they are big black duroc hogs that are breed on a farm. In order to get real big they have to be feed extremely well in the first couple months of life. Now they could be let loose, or escape but they are not feral breed. There is a good chance they will breed feral hogs. Their shouts will not get as big because what they eat in the wild is not the same as they eat on a farm. Also, feral hogs get thinner back hips and bigger front hips and legs. That is from rooting.

I know guys that cross duroc and hampton to get the really big hogs and then put them in high fenced ranched to hunt as giants.

Re: Real or fake - 10/23/16 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Just Nate

Most of the great big hogs are not feral as much as they are big black duroc hogs that are breed on a farm. In order to get real big they have to be feed extremely well in the first couple months of life. Now they could be let loose, or escape but they are not feral breed. There is a good chance they will breed feral hogs. Their shouts will not get as big because what they eat in the wild is not the same as they eat on a farm. Also, feral hogs get thinner back hips and bigger front hips and legs. That is from rooting.

I know guys that cross duroc and hampton to get the really big hogs and then put them in high fenced ranched to hunt as giants.

Interesting. Thank you for the explanation.
Posted By: 240z

Re: Real or fake - 10/23/16 10:55 PM

If it was real, the rear bumper on that pickup would be a lot closer to the ground!
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Real or fake - 10/23/16 11:41 PM

Don't look like south tx to me.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Real or fake - 10/23/16 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
Don't look like south tx to me.

Because it's not.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Real or fake - 10/24/16 12:25 AM

Looking at the license plate I don't think that photo was taken in the US.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Real or fake - 10/24/16 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Erny
Looking at the license plate I don't think that photo was taken in the US.

It was not. It was taken in Brazil.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Real or fake - 10/24/16 09:45 PM

Well, it weighed 790 lbs, reportedly, but wasn't that a domestic hog that had been turned out?

I agree, look at his snout... pretty stubby for a feral hog.

Charlie
Posted By: Etex

Re: Real or fake - 10/28/16 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: bull279

Dependapotamuses!

Lmbo banana
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: Real or fake - 10/30/16 04:23 PM

Oh my goodness gracious. Fort Hood rats. eek2 If I saw that hog in the woods, cold chills would run down my back. I dont know if Id run or dump a clip in it. And then run. grin
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Real or fake - 10/30/16 06:27 PM

State of Santa Catarina
Brazil

And look at some of the characteristics of the truck - it's not even from this country.
Posted By: dperk23

Re: Real or fake - 11/04/16 01:23 PM

Wish I found one that big aim
Posted By: John Humbert

Re: Real or fake - 11/04/16 02:26 PM

Yeah, south america - look at the trees. Plus, that truck - I think it is much smaller than you think - not a full size truck. Look at the men inside the truck - unless they are giants, that is a mini-truck and the pig isn't all that big - certainly well within some taken in Texas. There are places where 400-500 lb feral hogs aren't that uncommon. I know on our lease in Blackwell we have several that are in the 400lb class.
Posted By: IndependenceRanchHogHunt

Re: Real or fake - 11/08/16 01:46 PM

Those legs look too thin and long and the snout looks extended, almost like a monster out of a nightmare. I think that truck would be a bit lower under all the weight.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum