Texas Hunting Forum

Christmas javelina

Posted By: Dalep

Christmas javelina - 08/22/16 01:50 AM

Fiancé and I decided we wanted to visit the San Antonio area for Christmas and I have been waiting for opportunity to connect with a javelina. Anyone have something in eastern Texas that has a HIGH opportunity rate on javelina? Only thing I'm planning to hunt but would prefer lodging if available. We are looking at being in the area 24th-26th. Hopefully one day of successful hunting and rest we will be doing site seeing

Thanks
Dale
Posted By: Erny

Re: Christmas javelina - 08/22/16 02:00 AM

The words East Texas and Javalina don't mix. Your looking at South or west Texas to hunt the stinky little fellows.
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Christmas javelina - 08/22/16 02:48 AM

What Erny said, you will need to be way west for javelina. I got mine out between Presidio and Marfa. And don't feel a need to ever shoot another. Disgusting little critters......, but made a great caped mount!
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Christmas javelina - 08/22/16 05:51 AM

Like the others said south or west Texas is your best bet. If your willing to drive I can get you set up out west.

Re: Christmas javelina - 08/22/16 04:16 PM

I was planning to drive out that way from Alabama and just was hoping I wasn't going to have to drive 24 hours smile So san-antonio is a no, any places near a city/tourist area so my fiancé dosnt yell at me?
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Christmas javelina - 08/22/16 05:36 PM

If you go about 2hrs south of san antonio youll run into them we have em thick on our places

Re: Christmas javelina - 08/22/16 05:45 PM

Jorge, you guys offer hunts? 2 hours isn't a problem at all. She just said "I don't want to just go to Texas to hunt on Christmas, there needs to be site seeing"
Posted By: allan50

Re: Christmas javelina - 08/23/16 01:11 AM

Go near the border around Carrizo Springs. They are all around that area. I worked down there a few years ago and saw them almost every day
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum