Texas Hunting Forum

Helicopter Hog Hunts

Posted By: ndhunter

Helicopter Hog Hunts - 08/19/16 04:47 AM

Interesting statistics in this link, I thought the numbers would be higher.

"less than 10 businesses clearly offering hunters a chance to shoot hogs from the air."

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statemen...uthored-touche/
Posted By: kdevine3988

Re: Helicopter Hog Hunts - 08/19/16 05:03 AM

i Saw this on Finial Descent on Pursuit Channel they I think they have a lot of giveaways. I would love to try this out. looks like a lot of fun.
Posted By: Ranch Dog

Re: Helicopter Hog Hunts - 08/19/16 11:19 AM

I know the fellow that does the work out of Victoria, he strictly works for the large ranches along the coast. This fellow flies and shoots, doesn't carry anybody with him as he has had problems with it. 9K, that's a stack of hogs in one year.
Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: Helicopter Hog Hunts - 08/19/16 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: ndhunter
Interesting statistics in this link, I thought the numbers would be higher.

"less than 10 businesses clearly offering hunters a chance to shoot hogs from the air."

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statemen...uthored-touche/

Same guy spending our tax money on BS and running around on our dime bs BS:

Quote:
The investigation concerns two illegal trips Sid Miller took using your tax dollars:
1.The first was his "Jesus Shot" Trip to Oklahoma, where he used taxpayer money for a controversial shot that cures "all pain."

2.The second was his Mississippi Rodeo Trip, where he used taxpayer money to compete - and didn't even pretend there was any state business.

http://progresstexas.org/blog/progress-t...mp;rd=1&t=1

Re: Helicopter Hog Hunts - 08/19/16 03:19 PM

Only 27,500 out of 750,000 or 3.5% doesn't seem very efficient for all of the hype

Quote:
According to information provided by hunters, Harvey said, about 17,000 feral hogs were taken from the air in 2010. In contrast, 22,533 were removed in 2011 with more than that taken each year through 2015--on average 27,500 a year. Harvey added that hogs shot from the air account for a fairly small percentage of the estimated 750,000-plus feral hogs annually harvested statewide; the latter figure is a state estimate of the number of feral hogs harvested in 2010.
Posted By: mikei

Re: Helicopter Hog Hunts - 08/19/16 10:34 PM

Shooting hogs, from the air, from a blind, from a truck, is entertaining and to some folks, profitable. To eliminate hogs, you gotta trap 'em and either execute them in the trap or get someone to come out and pick them up, live, and sell them to a processor or someone else who wants feral hogs on their property.

Re: Helicopter Hog Hunts - 08/20/16 10:35 PM

My point entirely...entertainment

You can move them around shooting them but that is all you are doing
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Helicopter Hog Hunts - 08/20/16 11:50 PM

I'd rather spot and stalk a hog then fly around shooting them. The closer and more personal and dangerous the better.

Re: Helicopter Hog Hunts - 08/21/16 04:35 AM

You ever seen folks hog hunting with dogs and knives. That's up close and personal.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum