Texas Hunting Forum

Thermal Hog Hunt in Victoria

Posted By: tomgib1

Thermal Hog Hunt in Victoria - 08/17/16 12:59 AM

https://www.facebook.com/1067637783315607/videos/1067772779968774/

I have been hunting near Victoria over milo fields. There is an infestation of hogs. The above link is to the 6th hunt we did. It was my first attempt at video recording the hunt. The first five hunts were off the chain. 40 a night. The wind was non-existent this night and we had to stalk the pigs. The previous hunts were all done while shooting from an elevated position. It is harder to see standing on the ground with the remaining vegetation. We were also short one shooter so our kill ratio was down. We only killed about 20 this night. The milo fields have been harvested so our honey hole will be drying up soon. We are going Saturday night. The moon will be full and that will be against us. However, the good things : cooler, wetter, windier. As long as the hogs are there, we should get some awesome kill shots. We are shooting IR Defense Mark II's. The video out doesn't do justice to the view through the thermal imager. We will be posting to GAP Outdoor Adventures on Facebook. We haven't started the Youtube channel or Instagram account yet. Just getting started.

https://www.facebook.com/GAP-Outdoor-Adventures-1067637783315607/

Hopefully we will get some good video.
Posted By: ktk120

Re: Thermal Hog Hunt in Victoria - 08/17/16 03:55 AM

cheers
Posted By: miket1

Re: Thermal Hog Hunt in Victoria - 08/17/16 05:15 PM

Sounds fun. I have a lease south of Victoria but we dont have crops to hunt so there arent as many pigs. At one point I had contacted a guy in that area that advertised NV hog hunts here on THF but he wanted $1200/night even with us supplying all our own gear, vehicles, nv etc.......Looking forward to more videos.
Posted By: tomgib1

Re: Thermal Hog Hunt in Victoria - 08/18/16 01:10 PM

Trying to talk our group in Friday night. Winds are 4mph faster which is huge. We will have video this weekend.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum