Texas Hunting Forum

My First Suppressed Hog Kill

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

My First Suppressed Hog Kill - 07/07/16 07:03 PM

Got set up for the evening in one field and ended up stalking around and shooting a hog in the next field. Spotted it at 230 yards out, stalked 110 yards and made the shot from about 120 yards, from the ladder of another stand that I probably should have been in, in the first place.

The landowner had actually killed a hog the previous night, but had ruined the back straps when the hog attempted to get up and run on him. So this hog got him the back straps he wanted for this weekend.

I am liking using the new suppressor. It makes a big difference in the noise level.
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: My First Suppressed Hog Kill - 07/07/16 07:26 PM

I may have missed it but what bullet or ammo was this?

Nice shot and it is always a hard choice for me to leave the stand and explore thinking I'll miss a critter at the stand when I go...
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: My First Suppressed Hog Kill - 07/07/16 07:28 PM

Awesome video. Glad you finally got hooked up with a suppressor.

Shooting suppressed does make a big difference. Maybe one day I'll be able to step up to a thermal.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: My First Suppressed Hog Kill - 07/08/16 12:25 AM

Way to go! I've got paperwork submitted for a suppressor build myself.

And, nice hog.

Re: My First Suppressed Hog Kill - 07/08/16 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Pig_Popper
I may have missed it but what bullet or ammo was this?

Nice shot and it is always a hard choice for me to leave the stand and explore thinking I'll miss a critter at the stand when I go...

The information was hidden in plain sight, almost subliminal... roflmao

Posted By: DocHorton

Re: My First Suppressed Hog Kill - 07/08/16 09:14 PM

I'm impressed you used such correct terminology with the anatomy! "Ascending ramus of the mandible"...made me smile!

Re: My First Suppressed Hog Kill - 07/08/16 09:33 PM

I spent a little time doing osteology back in the day. Besides, I have no idea what the common terms for that portion would be, lol.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: My First Suppressed Hog Kill - 07/08/16 11:11 PM

To me, there's almost nothing cooler than the sound of a pig getting smacked by a bullet fired by a suppressed rifle, especially if they are out at least a hundred yards, when it's really quiet out and you hear that "scchwwwooooot THWAP!"

Good job man
Posted By: 974runner

Re: My First Suppressed Hog Kill - 07/09/16 01:14 AM

Great video, thanks
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: My First Suppressed Hog Kill - 07/09/16 05:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
I spent a little time doing osteology back in the day. Besides, I have no idea what the common terms for that portion would be, lol.

What I usually hear is..."my jaw hurts right here" and then points to it. Lol. cheers
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: My First Suppressed Hog Kill - 07/09/16 04:26 PM

The biology description of the anatomy like when an autopsy is performed on those police shows. Are you a medical examiner?

Re: My First Suppressed Hog Kill - 07/09/16 10:11 PM

Lol, retired zooarchaeologist.
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: My First Suppressed Hog Kill - 07/10/16 01:40 AM

Doc, go hunting with him. He stops to diagnose roadkill to see what it really died from. He does a full coroners report. LOL..

rofl

Re: My First Suppressed Hog Kill - 07/10/16 01:41 AM

cheers
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: My First Suppressed Hog Kill - 07/10/16 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill
Doc, go hunting with him. He stops to diagnose roadkill to see what it really died from. He does a full coroners report. LOL..

rofl

. . . and, it looks like this deer expired from bumper shock caused by traumatic contact with a Ford F150 traveling in excess of 65mph. cool2
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum