Texas Hunting Forum

Several more down with the 115gr federal fusion ammo.

Posted By: Texaslawman

Several more down with the 115gr federal fusion ammo. - 06/22/16 03:26 AM

Posted By: Dalep

Re: Several more down with the 115gr federal fusion ammo. - 06/22/16 12:07 PM

very nice!
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Several more down with the 115gr federal fusion ammo. - 06/22/16 12:36 PM

Very nice. Will you be testing the Fusion 62 grain 5.56/223 ammo at some point? I normally don't use .223 for hogs, but this rifle/ammo will be used for guest hunting with me. I got a smoking deal on the ammo and couldn't pass it up.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Several more down with the 115gr federal fusion ammo. - 06/22/16 05:50 PM

The one that broke the strap, looks like close to the 280-300# mark?
Nice video.

Re: Several more down with the 115gr federal fusion ammo. - 06/23/16 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: bigjoe8565
Very nice. Will you be testing the Fusion 62 grain 5.56/223 ammo at some point? I normally don't use .223 for hogs, but this rifle/ammo will be used for guest hunting with me. I got a smoking deal on the ammo and couldn't pass it up.

I dont use the 5.56 much for hogs it will be fine for traditional hunting but for the running shots where shot placement is not perfect it does not shine. But Ill try to get some and see what it will do. I also have some barnes tsx 5.56 I need to try.

Re: Several more down with the 115gr federal fusion ammo. - 06/23/16 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Dalee7892
The one that broke the strap, looks like close to the 280-300# mark?
Nice video.

You are probably pretty close. He was very wide but seemed like he was sick. His cutters were all broke off suppose he was old and on the down hill slide to death.
Posted By: piney woods hunter

Re: Several more down with the 115gr federal fusion ammo. - 06/24/16 06:05 PM

how do you rate the fusion next to the hornady sst,s in 6.8. i have both and got my six eight mostly for hog hunting. i have a good load for hogs worked up with the SST,S. Am planning on doing some deer hunting with my six eight this season when am hunting area,s were shots will be within 250 yards, anymore and 308 Ruger gets called in.i got a good buy on some fusion fatory ammo in 115 grain my rifle shoots them well, i was thinking of useing them on deer to cut down on meat damage i know from shooting hogs fairly close the SST,S can get nasty not worried on pigs with no bag limit or season, want to save as much deer meat as i can. what is your opinion on my thinking Texaslawman am i missing something or am i on right track, most of my deer hunting will be from blinds, and maybe a bit of rattleing in west texas brush, if the fusions are takeing out 300.00 pound pigs i would think my home deer here in east texas would be put down well, have couple of west texas trips planned, thanks for all,s advice and views

Re: Several more down with the 115gr federal fusion ammo. - 06/27/16 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By: piney woods hunter
how do you rate the fusion next to the hornady sst,s in 6.8. i have both and got my six eight mostly for hog hunting. i have a good load for hogs worked up with the SST,S. Am planning on doing some deer hunting with my six eight this season when am hunting area,s were shots will be within 250 yards, anymore and 308 Ruger gets called in.i got a good buy on some fusion fatory ammo in 115 grain my rifle shoots them well, i was thinking of useing them on deer to cut down on meat damage i know from shooting hogs fairly close the SST,S can get nasty not worried on pigs with no bag limit or season, want to save as much deer meat as i can. what is your opinion on my thinking Texaslawman am i missing something or am i on right track, most of my deer hunting will be from blinds, and maybe a bit of rattleing in west texas brush, if the fusions are takeing out 300.00 pound pigs i would think my home deer here in east texas would be put down well, have couple of west texas trips planned, thanks for all,s advice and views

SST is still the king in my book. The 85 gr tsx and 110gr tsx are good as well. The Fusions seem to be doing good but to early and not enough hogs to know yet.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum