Texas Hunting Forum

Baiting Pigs!

Posted By: Texan Medic

Baiting Pigs! - 03/22/16 11:05 AM

What is the best things y'all have found in order to attract wild pigs? I know if the usual things like corn and kool aid mix and corn, but is there anything else that y'all have found that is good at attracting the pigs, that would not be harmful to livestock if they somehow ingested it, cause on our farm we have Beefmaster show heifers and bulls, so we can't be putting anything out that will harm our livestock. Thanks in advance for any suggestions y'all may have!
Posted By: kphilli66

Re: Baiting Pigs! - 03/22/16 01:46 PM

I have used soured mesquite tree beans before, and they did well.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Baiting Pigs! - 03/22/16 02:03 PM

Soured corn and wheat
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Baiting Pigs! - 03/22/16 02:57 PM

If you have pigs on the property all you need is corn. I've tried attractants, soured corn, beer in the corn, jello in the corn, kool aide in the corn and none of these things work any better for me than plain corn. I figured out all I was doing was spending extra money and time that wasn't needed.
Posted By: durda1

Re: Baiting Pigs! - 03/22/16 03:29 PM

Just corn always worked for us.
Posted By: Stealthjr

Re: Baiting Pigs! - 03/22/16 06:16 PM

No need and no reason to use anything but corn. There is no magic potion to bring pigs in where they arent. If you have pigs...plain corn is the ticket. If you dont have pigs...all you can do is wait for them to come.

Cheers!
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Baiting Pigs! - 03/22/16 06:22 PM

Plain corn is all you need.
Posted By: BrianCook_RanchSales

Re: Baiting Pigs! - 03/22/16 06:41 PM

Corn, Hog wild, beer, and fanta....Mix it all in a trashcan and let it sit in the sun...Can't be beat
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Baiting Pigs! - 03/22/16 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Plain corn is all you need.

^
Posted By: drycreek3189

Re: Baiting Pigs! - 03/22/16 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Stealthjr
No need and no reason to use anything but corn. There is no magic potion to bring pigs in where they arent. If you have pigs...plain corn is the ticket. If you dont have pigs...all you can do is wait for them to come.

Cheers!

Or thank God you don't have 'em !
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Baiting Pigs! - 03/22/16 11:24 PM

Sour corn is great...
Posted By: splash556

Re: Baiting Pigs! - 03/23/16 03:07 AM

Corn.

That's it.
Posted By: APynckel

Re: Baiting Pigs! - 03/23/16 04:08 PM

Corn. But if you wanna get fancy, corn with some CHEAP walmart brand strawberry jello mixed in with some water. Put it in a 5gal bucket for a week or 2 before hunting to ferment.
Posted By: basspromaster

Re: Baiting Pigs! - 03/25/16 06:15 AM

U can sour the corn faster by adding yeast.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Baiting Pigs! - 03/25/16 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: splash556
Corn.

That's it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum