Texas Hunting Forum

Latest hog hunt first kills with the new Barnes .308 130 grain Vor-tx ammo and a twist.

Posted By: Texaslawman

Latest hog hunt first kills with the new Barnes .308 130 grain Vor-tx ammo and a twist. - 03/01/16 05:08 AM

First off I was not the shooter in this video I just filmed. Two boars were hit with the new Barnes ammo both were center hog "gut shots". So terrible shot placement but both hogs still died only running 30 yards each with a massive blood trail. The bullet is traveling 3,100 fps. These are only two hogs but great results from not so good hits.
Posted By: altez

Re: Latest hog hunt first kills with the new Barnes .308 130 grain Vor-tx ammo and a twist. - 03/01/16 05:38 AM

Lol guiding is hard but its good to see the hunters connect and their excitment afterwards. Good video and nice gear!
Posted By: Kawabuggy

Re: Latest hog hunt first kills with the new Barnes .308 130 grain Vor-tx ammo and a twist. - 03/02/16 12:58 AM

Looks like a whole lot of fun! Could you confirm any hits with the automatic weapon? Looks like it might be hard to hold a solid sight picture.
Posted By: Texaslawman

Re: Latest hog hunt first kills with the new Barnes .308 130 grain Vor-tx ammo and a twist. - 03/02/16 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawabuggy
Looks like a whole lot of fun! Could you confirm any hits with the automatic weapon? Looks like it might be hard to hold a solid sight picture.

That was the subsonic 300 blackout. He hit his quite a few times but the subsonic ammo is just underpowered.
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Latest hog hunt first kills with the new Barnes .308 130 grain Vor-tx ammo and a twist. - 03/02/16 02:43 AM

Way to go, nice when a plan comes together
rifle taz taz

rifle taz taz
Posted By: Jayd

Re: Latest hog hunt first kills with the new Barnes .308 130 grain Vor-tx ammo and a twist. - 03/02/16 02:46 AM

H ladies and gents,
Im new here to the foru not sure if this is the right place to post. Anyway, we need your help, me and my cousin flew from CA to TX for some work in near San Antonio. Now work is done time for aome fun. If you can help me and point me to right direction for public hogs hunt. We will be in san antonio around thurs/fri this week. It work be perffect if we can get something.

Thank you so muchin advance for your help smile
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Latest hog hunt first kills with the new Barnes .308 130 grain Vor-tx ammo and a twist. - 03/02/16 02:05 PM

Another very interesting video!

I acquired a 300 BLK recently and haven't had a chance to go after hogs with it yet. So far just loading up some supersonic ammo. I was/am considering subsonic, but perhaps I don't need to hurry on that, other than for curiosity.

Thanks again for the informative videos.
For some reason, the opening music reminded me of scenes from Apocalypse Now . . .
Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Re: Latest hog hunt first kills with the new Barnes .308 130 grain Vor-tx ammo and a twist. - 03/03/16 06:02 PM

Very nice video. Love the Barnes bullets. Have taken 2 with one shot with them in the past. Just need to wait till they line up :-)
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Latest hog hunt first kills with the new Barnes .308 130 grain Vor-tx ammo and a twist. - 03/04/16 02:07 PM

I'm headed to the lease this weekend to give my .300 another run on hogs. i'm only going to run supers and plan on giving the Remington OTMs another go. I'll also use the Barnes Tac TX again.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Latest hog hunt first kills with the new Barnes .308 130 grain Vor-tx ammo and a twist. - 03/04/16 08:50 PM

bang bang bang BURN up a good barrel... 4 years on M-60 flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum