Texas Hunting Forum

Sow in heat scent ????

Posted By: bigmike1223

Sow in heat scent ???? - 01/12/16 11:48 PM

Has any one had any luck with this? Just curious to if it will pull a boar on a windy day.
Posted By: IamMr2

Re: Sow in heat scent ???? - 01/13/16 05:49 AM

I've used to no avail.
Posted By: angler management

Re: Sow in heat scent ???? - 01/13/16 02:45 PM

The only use I've gotten out of that stuff is masking human scent at a freshly set trap.
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Sow in heat scent ???? - 01/13/16 03:19 PM

I used it one time. I had 2 boars come in at different times. Both were around the 120lb. mark. Both hit the scent trail. Both took off runnin!!! Also had a group of sows and their pigs come in. Just as fast as they hit the scent trail, they were gone.
Never used it again.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Sow in heat scent ???? - 01/13/16 03:45 PM

Sounds like you used "Psycho Sow in Heat" roflmao
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Sow in heat scent ???? - 01/13/16 03:48 PM

I killed a sow that was in heat early in my hunt one afternoon. ended up killing two more boar that came in and tried to violate her later... guess they though she was sleeping

Re: Sow in heat scent ???? - 01/13/16 06:12 PM

Thanks , was just curious how it worked out for other people. I had it out and the sows and piglets didnt pay any attention to it. Didnt have any boars show up that time tho.
Posted By: x9tac

Re: Sow in heat scent ???? - 01/13/16 06:31 PM

I've only used Code Blue - Sow in Heat Urine two times. 2 days after spraying 1/4 bottle on a rotting log, the boar below came out shortly after dark. This particular boar weighed 270lbs and had not been seen on our trial camera in 8 months. Was it the urine? Who can know for certain, but it does seem coincidental.

The 2nd occasion seemed to have no affect on the pigs already coming to the feeder. No new boars were photographed at the site of spraying.

I do plan to test it out a third time at a new location.

Re: Sow in heat scent ???? - 01/13/16 07:29 PM

yeah i got 3 time lapse cameras im gonna setup. Just to see what all happen down wind from it. As soon as i get a good wind im gonna give it a whirl again.

Re: Sow in heat scent ???? - 01/13/16 07:29 PM

Nice boar by the way also
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Sow in heat scent ???? - 01/13/16 08:16 PM

Have tried the Code Blue a couple times without luck other than did trap a boar during the day, it was cold and decided not to get him out until the next day. Poured the rest of the bottle out on his back before leaving stand that evening. Had 2 more boars in the trap with him the next morning. He may have had a bad night
Posted By: cabosandinh

Re: Sow in heat scent ???? - 01/13/16 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: x9tac
I've only used Code Blue - Sow in Heat Urine two times. 2 days after spraying 1/4 bottle on a rotting log, the boar below came out shortly after dark. This particular boar weighed 270lbs and had not been seen on our trial camera in 8 months.

good looking hog and good size
Posted By: bradyf

Re: Sow in heat scent ???? - 01/15/16 09:07 PM

I have used it twice and had 2 sows with piglets come in the first time and a group of about 8 with a nice boar in the group but don't know if it had anything to do with the sent or not. Hope so because I'm going to give it a try again. And that is a very nice boar.

Re: Sow in heat scent ???? - 01/18/16 07:27 PM

Well i dumped a bottle out on a rag under a log and put another bottle up in a scrape dripper. I had a browning time lapse camera out all day. Ended up with 6 different boars during the day 1 was a new one ive never saw. Had 3 different ones that nite. 2 were new ones that ive not saw before. Had one group of sows and teenagers come in they bolted pretty quick When they got to the log. 4 differrent boars came by 5 times in 24 hours. Im thinking this may work lol.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Sow in heat scent ???? - 01/18/16 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By: bigmike1223
Well i dumped a bottle out on a rag under a log and put another bottle up in a scrape dripper. I had a browning time lapse camera out all day. Ended up with 6 different boars during the day 1 was a new one ive never saw. Had 3 different ones that nite. 2 were new ones that ive not saw before. Had one group of sows and teenagers come in they bolted pretty quick When they got to the log. 4 differrent boars came by 5 times in 24 hours. Im thinking this may work lol.
popcorn any survivers flag

Re: Sow in heat scent ???? - 01/18/16 09:37 PM

I didnt hunt that spot , had to work saturday i just checked my cameras yesterday. Im gonna make a set next saturday and hunt sunday. Just ordered some more scrape drippers and some more Tinks. Im gonna load one up with a different brand of scent tho and see how this turns out...... It does seem to get a few more boars out cruising tho.
Posted By: lms

Re: Sow in heat scent ???? - 02/15/16 02:07 AM

I have used some with good results(caught 5 boars in 2 days) and have used it at another ranch and caught nothing. nothing works all the time but a live sow is hard to beat.
Posted By: Pappydap

Re: Sow in heat scent ???? - 02/15/16 02:17 AM

Worked on these guys.
I usually spread wicks out over a quarter mile or so leading to and from thick cover.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum