Texas Hunting Forum

El Gato the boar with 9 lives.

Posted By: Texaslawman

El Gato the boar with 9 lives. - 06/02/15 04:54 AM

Many of you may remember the nice boar that continually teases me by hitting the same spot just 50 yards north of my fence line. He is the one I threw batteries at, made hog noises, dog noises and just plain yelled and would not move. Finally found the land owner and it was a no go for shooting he was worried about his cows so it looked like El Gato was here to stay and torment me.

Well this past weekend I decided to use this to my favor by using him as a model for all the nice IR Hunter scopes Third Coast Thermal and IR Defense provided for testing. Sure enough there he was rooting and throwing mud in the air. I set up the shooting sticks and got the 35mm IR Hunter mark II out to record with first. Turned it on and El Gato was not there he never moves?!?!? Well I found him he was walking right to me!!! I put the crosshairs on him then realized I had not sighted the IR Hunters in yet oh no El Gato get another save.

I quickly get out the LWRC Six8 turn on the Apollo find him in the scope just as he slinks under the fence where I can shoot him and the DVR will not record grrrr it was on it was receiving signal but nothing I tried would make it record. This would be his ninth and final life though. As I watched him walk away I took out the dvr's battery and reset the thing hit record and bingo the red light came on yay!

El Gato had made it about 100 yards in the time it took to get things running but the gap was rapidly closed and I got to about 40 yards from him. He had found another rooting area in the tall grass, again I made noises just to get him to turn and look. El Gatos time was up a Hornady 120 SST smacked him in the neck he was DRT.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: El Gato the boar with 9 lives. - 06/02/15 05:25 AM

Nice story
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: El Gato the boar with 9 lives. - 06/02/15 08:04 AM

Thats awesome man great vid!!!
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: El Gato the boar with 9 lives. - 06/02/15 04:24 PM

Cool video and story.
Posted By: WalkSoftly

Re: El Gato the boar with 9 lives. - 06/02/15 06:45 PM

Fences are evil things sometimes... lol
Seems that a nice buck is always so close to you, but so far away (on someone else's lease/property).
Nice video though, thanks for sharing!
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: El Gato the boar with 9 lives. - 06/02/15 07:52 PM

Nice! Good story, good video, good shooting! — Thanks!
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: El Gato the boar with 9 lives. - 06/02/15 08:17 PM

cheers awsome read popcorn can't wait ta see video... flag
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: El Gato the boar with 9 lives. - 06/02/15 10:08 PM

What I admire most is you took the time to contact the landowner and respected his decision. If more people had done this in the past we would have more land to hunt on rather than less.
Posted By: Beaubien

Re: El Gato the boar with 9 lives. - 06/03/15 03:54 AM

El Gato es muerto. Bueno!
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: El Gato the boar with 9 lives. - 06/03/15 04:50 AM

Sweet shot ,great vid
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum