Texas Hunting Forum

Zombie Hawgs

Posted By: Believer

Zombie Hawgs - 05/03/15 10:28 PM

so I decide to go hog hunting last night, I'm sitting in my truck / blind contemplating the finer things of life, listening to the bull frog in the distance, a hoot owl, coyotes and of course all the crazy birds that still think it's daylight out sleep2 next thing I know I'm sitting straight up because I just heard a hog snort and it sounded like I was right at my door. I look to my left and there's a hog not 25 yards away so now I'm trying to sneak out of my truck so I can get a shot without making any noise. Bang flop in the pig goes down DRT.

4 hours later my friends tell me they're ready to go home so I drive up to where the hog is lying to pick it up. Something keeps nagging at me, something in the back of my head said kick the pig. So I kicked the pig. Well she tries to get up and eat me. So here I am running back to my truck like a little scared schoolgirl to get my pistol.

So the moral of the story boys and girls is. as Ronald Reagan would say, trust but verify.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Zombie Hawgs - 05/03/15 11:25 PM

scratch day-sha-voo.... Remember hearing a story just like that one awhile back... This fullmoon will be good for hunt hogs... Be safe, Believer... flag
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Zombie Hawgs - 05/04/15 12:50 AM

I posted a while back about the same thing happening to me with a pig my daughter shot. The pig dropped and never moved, so I thought it was dead. Kicked the pig in it's butt and it didn't move until I picked the hog up by it's ear. I'm certain my underwear had to be thrown away.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Zombie Hawgs - 05/04/15 02:33 AM

Poke it with a stick
Posted By: Chris001

Re: Zombie Hawgs - 05/04/15 02:34 AM

I Always poke the eye with the muzzle of my rifle, if it flinches I flinch
Posted By: Texaslawman

Re: Zombie Hawgs - 05/04/15 03:10 AM

Ha good one man those hogs are just tough!
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Zombie Hawgs - 05/04/15 09:29 AM

Lol, you trusted but verified, but did it unarmed. I would think that the moral of the story would not to walk up on a hog unarmed - keeps you from having to run around like a schoolgirl.
Posted By: kmkellar

Re: Zombie Hawgs - 05/04/15 10:30 AM

Posted By: nak

Re: Zombie Hawgs - 05/05/15 01:36 AM

haha...I've got a buddy that has never fessed up, but I suspect he has had a close surprise. He dumps 2 - 3 extra rounds into the head of every pig before he pokes it. rifle
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Zombie Hawgs - 05/05/15 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: nak
haha...I've got a buddy that has never fessed up, but I suspect he has had a close surprise. He dumps 2 - 3 extra rounds into the head of every pig before he pokes it. rifle

Been there and done that.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum