Texas Hunting Forum

Hogs were everywhere!

Posted By: SouthWestIron

Hogs were everywhere! - 05/01/15 06:00 PM

Making my way to this feeder after a bunch of rain allowed me to walk fairly quietly up to the stand. As I was making my way to it on a game trail I heard a hog not 15 yards in front of me grunting and rooting around. All the sudden he busted out onto the trail I was on and ran across my path not 10 feet in front of me. I shot from the hip and missed. Figuring I had spooked the remain hogs as my feeder was only 30 or 40 more yards I decided to sit in the blind anyway. Not 15 minutes later these juveniles showed up. I kept waiting on the older ones from these two litters to show themselves but they never did. Should have taken a couple these! bang Later that evening I missed a good sized boar trying to take him with open sights on my AR at another feeder under a hog light. Wish I had taken my regular deer rifle on this trip! I guess it can be done but sight picture just insn't there after dark even with a gun mounted light and feeder hog light. All I did was educate him to stay away from the red and green lights! bang I had fun hunting them but sure did want some fresh meat for the freezer.
Posted By: nsmike

Re: Hogs were everywhere! - 05/01/15 06:09 PM

You want meat and passed up some BBQ sized pigs? loco What were you thinking? I imagine this is what your doing to yourself. hammer
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Hogs were everywhere! - 05/01/15 06:32 PM

cheers android wont down load video, & only few pic's... Nothen like easen threw woods & hogs busten out... Been bored here... They keep saying, they'll be back... Even tried mixing Roasted Corn Freaks with corn, it's a deer attractant in gal jug... Gives the corn a scent.. Still waiting... flag
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Hogs were everywhere! - 05/05/15 01:29 AM

Yes nsmike I am doing that! hammer But like I said I thought some of the 50 or 80 pounders were going to show themselves. Won't make that mistake again, I'm taking what I can get next time.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum