Texas Hunting Forum

Hog hunting tips part 2 Where to shoot.

Posted By: Texaslawman

Hog hunting tips part 2 Where to shoot. - 02/19/15 04:45 AM

This video is aimed at showing the new the new hog hunter where to shoot hogs.

Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Hog hunting tips part 2 Where to shoot. - 02/19/15 12:13 PM

Awesome
I show my hunters a photo Copy of the demo pig you used for shot placement
Now I can show them a video thanks
Posted By: Carlos B

Re: Hog hunting tips part 2 Where to shoot. - 02/19/15 03:57 PM

Awesome video ! cheers

An eye opener for me. Thanks! up
Posted By: 4dog

Re: Hog hunting tips part 2 Where to shoot. - 02/19/15 11:15 PM

Same as part 1...dang!!
Posted By: Beaubien

Re: Hog hunting tips part 2 Where to shoot. - 02/20/15 03:35 AM

Another good video. Thank you.

Re: Hog hunting tips part 2 Where to shoot. - 02/21/15 03:22 AM

4dog are you looking from a phone or PC? You most likely need to update your adobe.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Hog hunting tips part 2 Where to shoot. - 02/21/15 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Texaslawman
4dog are you looking from a phone or PC? You most likely need to update your adobe.

Have ta wait till get on PC for video, my phone doesnt have right abode. cheers on your video's. Had Topic The fun-de-mentals of choot-en on THF. Talked about the limitation of ones self. It didnt do so good. Theirs big difference between target shooting & live shooting. If bullets dont match barrell. Take shorter shots. 2cents another cheap post. flag
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Hog hunting tips part 2 Where to shoot. - 02/23/15 02:42 PM

Another great job! I'm an ear hole guy, but understand your reasoning on the neck. I think a lot of hunters think the spine is at the top of the neck. This will help them understand better.

Thanks for taking the time and putting in the effort! up

Re: Hog hunting tips part 2 Where to shoot. - 02/25/15 04:47 AM

This is a 220 pound boar this shows just how far down the spine is on a adult boar.

Posted By: Hard_ware

Re: Hog hunting tips part 2 Where to shoot. - 02/25/15 04:20 PM

Spine angle is like a shovel ' drops down from above the shoulder to center of skull. Gives them leverage for rooting.
Posted By: Jaydub

Re: Hog hunting tips part 2 Where to shoot. - 02/25/15 06:43 PM

I showed this to my son the other day and when the comment was made about the shot being high. It was followed with it may temporarily paralyze the hog but then they will run off. He just turned and looked at me. He shot a big boar last spring and rolled it. The last thing I saw was it on its back kicking. I turned and cut loose on a bunch of coons that had been playing havoc on our feeder. When I turned back, the boar was gone. He was aiming for the neck and this is what happened. He's still po'd about that. He saw it pop up, but couldn't work the bolt fast enough to get a 2nd shot.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum