Texas Hunting Forum

Bigfoot 200-Setting a Goal

Posted By: thewrap

Bigfoot 200-Setting a Goal - 09/25/16 10:21 PM

So I've been going through a rough breakup here recently and to help get through it I started working out with my trainer again. In between sessions this week I decided I needed to set a goal for myself. As luck would have it I had something come across my Facebook page that caught my attention. The Bigfoot 200 Mile Endurance Run http://www.bigfoot200.com/. I did some reading into and thought how cool would that be, and that it would be awesome to be able to do that someday. Well anyway that's what I'm shooting for. My goal is that within 3 years I'll be competing in that race. In the mean time I also set a goal of completing a half marathon and a marathon by the end of next year.

Honestly I'm pretty excited about it even though I know I have a lot of physical and emotional pain that I'm going to have to work through here in the future. I'm not much of a runner but it looks like I'm about to become one.

So would anyone care to join me in my quest?
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Bigfoot 200-Setting a Goal - 09/26/16 02:34 AM

I hate road running, so I do obstacle course racing. It's a blast, you should look into it.
Posted By: changedmyname

Re: Bigfoot 200-Setting a Goal - 09/26/16 06:39 AM

I don't care to do a 200 mile run but I'm all about marathons. I've ran two fulls and multiple halves. If you start a half marathon plan now, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to complete one on 12 weeks depending on your fitness level. You'll lose interest if your goal is to complete one in a year.
I had never ran more than 3 miles when I decided to run a marathon. Started a 16 week plan and ran the Marine Corps Marathon as my first ever organized "race".
Posted By: RCINTX

Re: Bigfoot 200-Setting a Goal - 09/27/16 02:18 PM

Awesome goal. Maybe next year you could do an intermediate distance of 50k or 50mile. I run the 20k at this one every year. LOTS of fun.
http://palodurotrailrun.com/

Re: Bigfoot 200-Setting a Goal - 09/27/16 10:36 PM

I will have to do that. Once I get a bit more conditioned we will have to go run sometime.
Posted By: huck18

Re: Bigfoot 200-Setting a Goal - 09/28/16 09:41 PM

You have more balls than most. But honestly running that much and that long of distances is bad for your long term health. You should start with a marathon or a half and go from there.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Bigfoot 200-Setting a Goal - 09/30/16 12:15 AM

The best thing for a break up is some strange, not a 200 mile run. Unless your Forest Gump.

Re: Bigfoot 200-Setting a Goal - 10/10/16 09:04 PM

You bet! I just realized you are in Lubbock as well. Palo Duro race is this weekend, I'm pumped.

Re: Bigfoot 200-Setting a Goal - 10/10/16 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: RCINTX
You bet! I just realized you are in Lubbock as well. Palo Duro race is this weekend, I'm pumped.

I take it you're going? If so let me know how you finish.

Re: Bigfoot 200-Setting a Goal - 10/11/16 01:27 AM

Yes, I'm going. My buddy and ran it for the first time a few years back. We keep inviting friends and there are several of us now. By 10am we are drinking beer and eating burgers in one of my favorite places. It's a great time.
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: Bigfoot 200-Setting a Goal - 10/11/16 03:51 AM

ultra races are 10% physical and 90% mental, its an unbelievable grind on your mind. oh yeah, its hard as hell on your body too.

Re: Bigfoot 200-Setting a Goal - 10/17/16 04:49 PM

Ran the 20k this weekend. I was 11 minutes behind my goal time of 2 hours. I had a good time overall (hanging with friends, etc), but the race itself was bad for me. Just a bad day where I couldn't get it together. On the other hand, already looking forward to the 1/2 marathon in Palo Duro this spring.

Re: Bigfoot 200-Setting a Goal - 10/18/16 01:29 AM

That's still not bad. Much better than I can do for now. I'll be pretty happy if I can get close to finishing a half marathon by the end of this year.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum