Texas Hunting Forum

Lab looking for a good home...

Posted By: clark98ut

Lab looking for a good home... - 06/21/16 07:47 PM

We need to get rid of our Yellow Lab. He's got papers, still intact, etc. About 2.5 years old.

We took him in from a neighbor that had trouble keeping him in the yard. He's an escape artist. He stayed in our yard for a while, but has gotten to where he's always trying to bust out, and usually does. He's a good dog, leash trained, etc, but we just don't have the time to chase him down on a near daily basis. My wife stays home with the kids (3 of them under 10) and it's just too much for her.

Let me know if you're interested. We are in Liberty Hill, NW of Austin about 30 miles, between Burnet and Georgetown on HWY 29.

Thanks,

Dan

Posted By: 5Redman8

Re: Lab looking for a good home... - 06/21/16 10:05 PM

Get him neutered and he will likely roam less.

We had to put up an electric fence for our escaping male. 2 attempts and he was cured.
Posted By: Dead Eye Mike

Re: Lab looking for a good home... - 06/22/16 03:53 AM

There is a reason he is escaping and it is not to smell the flowers. Get him snipped and he will more than likely stay home.
Posted By: pervis

Re: Lab looking for a good home... - 06/22/16 07:15 AM

Yeah I'd sit him down and look at him and say look buddy we re real tired of this running off stuff, one more time and it's off w your nuts. If I we re a dog and I heard that, man I wouldn't leave the yard
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Lab looking for a good home... - 06/22/16 11:10 AM

Good looking dog. If I had room for him, I'd take him.
Posted By: RayB

Re: Lab looking for a good home... - 06/22/16 12:50 PM

Not so sure about the neuter thing, had my setter snipped and if you leave the front door open too long he's out and running the hood
Beautiful pooch
Posted By: slow944

Re: Lab looking for a good home... - 06/26/16 10:37 PM

I'd try the E-fence first before giving him up, if he were mine.
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: Lab looking for a good home... - 11/30/16 02:49 PM

Shock collars work wonders.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum