Texas Hunting Forum

Any bird dogs available?

Posted By: pharmvet

Any bird dogs available? - 10/24/15 02:30 AM

If anyone knows of a solid bird dog that is available, please let me know. Not interested in a big running dog. I hunt with an old man and we need a close hunting foot dog. I don't care if setter or pointer. I don't care about style etc. I'm only interested in a dog that can find and hold birds. Needs to back other dogs and finding deads is nice also but we have a good dead dog. Just a shot in the dark, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to see if there was an available dog anywhere in Texas. Lol
Posted By: pharmvet

Wanted - solid bird dog - 10/24/15 03:00 AM

Looking for a solid pointer or setter. Thanks
Posted By: Pointer

Re: Any bird dogs available? - 10/24/15 09:16 PM

With the birds numbers on the upswing in lots of Texas areas, finding a started or broke bird dog is liable to be a tall order. I am hearing of outfitters and hunting camps who are having trouble filling out their strings. Good Luck
Posted By: Mundo

Re: Any bird dogs available? - 10/25/15 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Pointer
With the birds numbers on the upswing in lots of Texas areas, finding a started or broke bird dog is liable to be a tall order. I am hearing of outfitters and hunting camps who are having trouble filling out their strings. Good Luck

Ditto. There weren't even a lot of puppies available.
Posted By: bull279

Re: Any bird dogs available? - 10/25/15 07:14 PM

Some friends of mine have a kennel and raise Britneys and pointers. I am not sure if they have anything ready. I will check and see if they have any dogs ready.
Posted By: bull279

Re: Any bird dogs available? - 10/25/15 07:24 PM

PM sent
Posted By: Jon06

Re: Any bird dogs available? - 11/03/15 07:01 PM

Hi,
We have a few started dogs available - German Shorthairs and English Pointers. Located in Albany,TX - approx. 2,5 hrs west of DFW.

https://www.facebook.com/BigCountryKennelOutfitters/

Also have a couple litters on the ground now !

Rgds,Jon
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum