Texas Hunting Forum

I'm no leather worker but I am happy with this so far

Posted By: Bama2

I'm no leather worker but I am happy with this so far - 08/05/18 10:45 PM

I like making knives sheaths not so much but I am getting better.I learned the basket weave pattern and put it on this sheath. My goal in knife making and the sheath making is getting a little better each time
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: I'm no leather worker but I am happy with this so far - 08/05/18 10:50 PM

Nice work Sir

Re: I'm no leather worker but I am happy with this so far - 08/05/18 11:03 PM

Thanks
Posted By: kmon11

Re: I'm no leather worker but I am happy with this so far - 08/05/18 11:32 PM

Very nice and a great goal for a craftsman or anybody can apply that
Posted By: MikeC

Re: I'm no leather worker but I am happy with this so far - 08/06/18 01:37 AM

Looks good, the Basket weave is just about the extent of my leather tooling. Holding that stamp sure makes the arthritis in my old worn out thump hurt though.
I need to get me a piece of granite to do it on. Won't help my thumb any but will make a better surface to work on.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: I'm no leather worker but I am happy with this so far - 08/06/18 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
Very nice and a great goal for a craftsman or anybody can apply that
Looks great Mike! up

Re: I'm no leather worker but I am happy with this so far - 08/06/18 01:44 AM

I have a 4" 18×18 granite slab I use for all kinds of stuff.
Posted By: mikei

Re: I'm no leather worker but I am happy with this so far - 08/07/18 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By: MikeC
Looks good, the Basket weave is just about the extent of my leather tooling. Holding that stamp sure makes the arthritis in my old worn out thump hurt though.
I need to get me a piece of granite to do it on. Won't help my thumb any but will make a better surface to work on.

MikeC, I live in "Granite Country." Mason, and particularly Llano County have lots of businesses that mine, grind and sell granite slabs. They always have broken pieces or over runs that they will sell. Tell me what size piece you'd like to have and I'll try to find it and send it to you.
Posted By: White Falcon

Re: I'm no leather worker but I am happy with this so far - 08/07/18 12:28 PM

Very nice work.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: I'm no leather worker but I am happy with this so far - 08/08/18 01:09 PM

just takes parctice
Posted By: MikeC

Re: I'm no leather worker but I am happy with this so far - 08/08/18 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: mikei
Originally Posted By: MikeC

I really appreciate the offer but I know a guy who installs granite counter tops so I can get a sink cutout from him. I just haven't hit him up for one.

MikeC, I live in "Granite Country." Mason, and particularly Llano County have lots of businesses that mine, grind and sell granite slabs. They always have broken pieces or over runs that they will sell. Tell me what size piece you'd like to have and I'll try to find it and send it to you.
Posted By: mikei

Re: I'm no leather worker but I am happy with this so far - 08/09/18 01:45 AM

OK, MikeC, let me know if I can help.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum