Texas Hunting Forum

A little shop work.

Posted By: bjankowski

A little shop work. - 01/15/18 05:03 PM

I haven’t posted in here a while. I decided this last week to knock out a few skinners. These are what I like to call economy knives I sell those for $150.00 and they fly off the shelf. All are hollow ground except for the middle black one it’s flat ground and edge quenched.

This is my new build I’m working on. The handle I got from my good friend Charles Conner who does some of the best Wildscrim I’ve ever seen. The blade is 7 inches I made it from Alabama Damascus. I’ll work today on the Damascus Guard, hopefully it’s going to make this Bowie pop!

Feels so good to be back in the shop after taking off a few months to relax at my lake house and enjoy what God has blessed me with.
Posted By: Bush Monkey Knives

Re: A little shop work. - 01/15/18 05:17 PM

Looking good, Bob.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: A little shop work. - 01/15/18 05:42 PM

What’s the handle material on the knife second from the right? And is it available?

Re: A little shop work. - 01/15/18 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: BigPig
What’s the handle material on the knife second from the right? And is it available?

That one is Micarta, I put jimping on it for better grip, it was too slick polished out. They are all still available, I just haven't made the sheaths for them yet. I'm working on the guard for the Bowie.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: A little shop work. - 01/15/18 09:24 PM

Great work Bob!
Posted By: BigPig

Re: A little shop work. - 01/16/18 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: bjankowski
Originally Posted By: BigPig

That one is Micarta, I put jimping on it for better grip, it was too slick polished out. They are all still available, I just haven't made the sheaths for them yet. I'm working on the guard for the Bowie.

Shoot me some pics of it please
214-356-2410

Re: A little shop work. - 01/16/18 02:12 AM

Fit and finish tomorrow. Damascus Guard.
Posted By: easttexasdiver

Re: A little shop work. - 01/21/18 11:28 PM

Nice work
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum