Texas Hunting Forum

Have you looked at your full tang knife lately?

Posted By: Bush Monkey Knives

Have you looked at your full tang knife lately? - 11/01/17 02:41 PM

Got bolts?

A bolted up John Galt that will get a third mechanical connection in the form of a flared stainless steel tube.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Have you looked at your full tang knife lately? - 11/02/17 03:56 PM

Well yes I do.

Re: Have you looked at your full tang knife lately? - 11/02/17 04:55 PM

Always good to see mechanical connections on a tool. Even better when used exclusively.

Keep up the good work.
Posted By: SowHntr

Re: Have you looked at your full tang knife lately? - 11/03/17 08:07 PM

All the ones I carry at work are tools, seeing how we can't carry a knife.

Re: Have you looked at your full tang knife lately? - 11/03/17 11:45 PM

In its purest form, a knife is an authentic tool. Jewelry made into the shape of a knife is not a knife. And, when a knife ceases to be a Tool, it ceases to be a knife.

Generally speaking, authentic people have the capacity to appreciate authentic things.

au·then·tic
[ôˈTHen(t)ik]

ADJECTIVE
of undisputed origin; genuine:
"the letter is now accepted as an authentic document" · [more]
synonyms: genuine · real · bona fide · true · veritable · legitimate · lawful · legal · [more]
made or done in the traditional or original way, or in a way that faithfully resembles an original:
"the restaurant serves authentic Italian meals" · [more]
based on facts; accurate or reliable:
"an authentic depiction of the situation"
synonyms: reliable · dependable · trustworthy · authoritative · honest ·

Posted By: thebowfisher

Re: Have you looked at your full tang knife lately? - 11/16/17 11:31 PM

How are those flared stainless tubes removeable? Do you have a knife like the one in the pic above for sale?

Re: Have you looked at your full tang knife lately? - 11/16/17 11:40 PM

The Corby Bolts and Flared Tubes can be removed with a drill bit, cold chisel and hammer. The removal process destroys the connections and handle material. More mechanical connections and further information - www.bushmonkeyknives.com

Posted By: Chunky Dunk

Re: Have you looked at your full tang knife lately? - 11/17/17 04:57 PM

I love my bush monkey knife! And it is a definitely a tool, those things are made tough!!!! I am notoriously hard on tools, knifes included. I haven't even managed to put a nick in the blade or loosen any of the grips. I use knives for everything, especially the stuff you should not use a knife for. I will be ordering another one soon.

Besides they always will make an excellent back up weapon, just throw it at the assailant. It wont matter if they are hit with the blade or not!! They are heavy but extremely well balanced.

Re: Have you looked at your full tang knife lately? - 11/21/17 02:08 PM

Corby Bolts x2 and flared stainless steel tube mechanical connections. When ground flush with the G10 handle, the Corby Bolt appears to be a large pin. If a pin is peened over and then ground flush with the handle material, the pin is NOT a mechanical connection because the peened section is partially or completely removed after being ground flush with the surface of the handle material. Beware of false clams regarding the mechanical properties of pins.

Can someone elaborate on the merits of pins vs mechanical connections as they relate to making knives?

Resolute knife - 3/16" O1 tool steel, black G10 and a low angle bevel.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum