Texas Hunting Forum

knife grinder pics??

Posted By: target1911

knife grinder pics?? - 09/03/16 05:16 AM

What 2x72 grinder do yall use?

I ma actually thinking of building mine. I figure the I money save by building it can go to more equipment.
Posted By: Andrew Griggs

Re: knife grinder pics?? - 09/03/16 05:18 PM

I use a Burr King
Posted By: Bama2

Re: knife grinder pics?? - 09/05/16 09:13 PM

Target1911 I went the build it myself route twice and still in the end bought a KMG from the 3 grinders I think you would be money ahead to buy a good grinder right off the bat. With that being said if you are going to build your own I would suggest this grinder kit. http://www.polarbearforge.com/grinder_kit_order.html
Good luck it's an expensive addiction lol
Posted By: MikeC

Re: knife grinder pics?? - 09/05/16 11:17 PM

Built this one long years ago. It's still my primary grinder.

Re: knife grinder pics?? - 09/06/16 03:34 AM

That's a solid looking grinder Mike

Re: knife grinder pics?? - 09/06/16 03:00 PM

Thanks, I have a contact wheel attachment for it too in case I want to hollow grind a blade. I don't do a lot of hollow grinds though. My knives are made to use and not just to look at and I believe that a flat ground blade is a lot stronger, simply because there is more steel remaining as it tapers to the edge.
Posted By: target1911

Re: knife grinder pics?? - 09/11/16 06:22 PM

Great looking grinder.

Bama.... do you have pics of your 2 you built? Why was that they didnt work out? Im a DIY type and when I build something I tend to over build. I only want to do it once. I think I can build a grinder that is just as strong as any factory built machine... and with tight fittinf parts too.
Posted By: billybob

Re: knife grinder pics?? - 09/12/16 02:25 PM

My KMG

Re: knife grinder pics?? - 09/12/16 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: billybob
My KMG

The only thing that I can find wrong with that pic is that your shop is way to clean cheers
Posted By: billybob

Re: knife grinder pics?? - 09/13/16 11:06 AM

That's an old pic...not that clean now

Re: knife grinder pics?? - 09/15/16 03:43 AM

here are pics of my first 2 grinders, The first is the square tube home built I made several knives but was a tracking nightmare lol. The second is the polarbear forge grinder in a box kit. It is a good quality grinder for the price I wish I still had it to make it a horizontal grinder.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum