Texas Hunting Forum

How many of you...

Posted By: Brother in-law

How many of you... - 02/06/16 02:57 AM

Have you ever not picked a knife or a knife maker due to the makers mark on the knife?
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: How many of you... - 02/06/16 11:47 AM

NO!
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: How many of you... - 02/06/16 02:13 PM

No
Posted By: Elpatoloco

Re: How many of you... - 02/06/16 02:16 PM

As long as the makers mark wasnt a picture of two boys kissing.
Posted By: nsmike

Re: How many of you... - 02/06/16 04:36 PM

No, but I don't like Bob Loveless'es early mark with the nude.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: How many of you... - 02/06/16 06:18 PM

I've had customers ask to not have a mark on the blade. They didn't say why and I didn't ask for a reason. It's their money and unless I knew that they were going to add a different makers mark and sell it as their own I don't have a problem with not marking one.
Posted By: Misfire

Re: How many of you... - 02/11/16 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By: MikeC
I've had customers ask to not have a mark on the blade. They didn't say why and I didn't ask for a reason. It's their money and unless I knew that they were going to add a different makers mark and sell it as their own I don't have a problem with not marking one.

I know that no one will ever see it, but in those instances I hide it under the scales..even if the scales are glued on.
Posted By: Colt W. Knight

Re: How many of you... - 02/12/16 01:56 AM

Ive never seen a knife makers mark that would prevent me from buying a knife, but if I did see one that I felt was obnoxious it probably would deter my purchase.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: How many of you... - 02/12/16 02:05 AM

I wouldn't think a makers mark would bother me. However I was fixing to buy a Henry 22 yesterday and for some reason the factory had Evil Roy engraved in the stock. I decided I didn't need that rifle.
Posted By: Colt W. Knight

Re: How many of you... - 02/14/16 03:48 PM

Those are gene Pearcy signature rifles, he is a pseudo celebrity on the cowboy action shooting circuit. Does a lot of matches and shooting exhibitions. He goes by Evil Roy. Seams silly to me that anyone would want a rifle with his fake name on it, especially since he is still alive and not really all that famous.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: How many of you... - 02/14/16 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Colt W. Knight
Those are gene Pearcy signature rifles, he is a pseudo celebrity on the cowboy action shooting circuit. Does a lot of matches and shooting exhibitions. He goes by Evil Roy. Seams silly to me that anyone would want a rifle with his fake name on it, especially since he is still alive and not really all that famous.

Evil Roy is the king of SASS. He is to Cowboy Shooting what Chuck Norris is to action movies. He is not a pseudo celebrity, he is the genuine thing in that arena. His endorsement on a product is like Bryan Litz endorsing a powder or long range projectile. His shooting school is well attended. Enough said, back to topic.
back
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: How many of you... - 02/16/16 08:28 PM

I really like the way D Crawford does his sig on his. I haven't forgot about ya sir!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum