Texas Hunting Forum

Lloyd knife?

Posted By: mikei

Lloyd knife? - 09/01/15 06:08 PM

I bought a box of goodies at an auction and included amongst the goodies was this knife. As shown in the picture, it has "JH Lloyd, St Louis" on the blade. I searched the internet and found JH Lloyd, and some old references to him and about him on the "Blade Forum," but never was able to find this particular knife. Can any of you knife folks tell me anything about it? The blade is 3 inches long, and the overall length, with the bladed folded, is 3 3/4 inches. It has a fish inlay on the scales on one side; nothing on the other side.

Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Lloyd knife? - 09/02/15 12:03 AM

Cool find. up
Posted By: hetman

Re: Lloyd knife? - 09/02/15 12:34 AM

here is a webpage selling loyd knives : all are handmade and in the $300-$400 range

http://www.vcmcustomknives.com/

Re: Lloyd knife? - 09/02/15 12:46 AM

Thanks, folks! I didn't find that site when I was doing my searches. I saw quite a few JH Lloyd knives, but never did see one like this one. I wonder if it is "one of a kind," or a "one off" that he built and then decided not to build any more of them? I'll put it in my little collection of knives with a "question mark" beside it!
Posted By: Jason Fry

Re: Lloyd knife? - 09/03/15 02:18 AM

Agree, that's John Lloyd's work. He's on Bladeforums pretty regular. Typically sells in the 200-350 range. VCM is a dealer, his prices are likely a little marked up.

Re: Lloyd knife? - 09/03/15 02:25 AM

Thanks, Jason. As an owner of a few of your knives, I appreciate quality in a knife when I see it! I had never heard of John Lloyd, had never seen one of his knives in person, but then, I'm not exactly on the inside track of the custom knife industry! I've bought a few of them, but sure don't know all the players.
Posted By: txmark1959

Re: Lloyd knife? - 09/08/15 01:45 PM

very cool
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum