Texas Hunting Forum

Could this be turned into a knife?

Posted By: SapperTitan

Could this be turned into a knife? - 07/18/15 03:22 AM

I found this in Afghanistan in a tunnel leading under a highway containing an IED. Im assuming the dude that dug the tunnel and placed the IED accidentally left it in there when he was done and I found it and brought it home with me. No idea what type of metal or if a knife could be made from it and I prob never would but I am curious if I chose to could I have a knife made from this metal? Im not sure I could bring myself to do it bc its such a cool find but I also think it would be a very cool story behind the knife.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Could this be turned into a knife? - 07/18/15 03:36 AM

Oh; I could forge a knife out of it, but who knows what kind of steel it is, but why would you want to ruin this treasure? I kick my self for not bringing home some of my finds from Viet Nam. You can always get a knife; but where are you going to find this again? Keep it brother; take the advice of an old man. laugh
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Could this be turned into a knife? - 07/18/15 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: bjankowski
Oh; I could forge a knife out of it, but who knows what kind of steel it is, but why would you want to ruin this treasure? I kick my self for not bringing home some of my finds from Viet Nam. You can always get a knife; but where are you going to find this again? Keep it brother; take the advice of an old man. laugh
Thats already how I feel haha. I was more so just curious if it could be done and if it could it would be pretty dang cool.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Could this be turned into a knife? - 07/18/15 02:48 PM

I'd give you more for that hand made primitive tool than for a knife made from it. That will be a treasured family heirloom.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Could this be turned into a knife? - 07/18/15 03:42 PM

I would keep it. It would be a great face tool to keep next to you bed to plant in the face of a intruder. up
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Could this be turned into a knife? - 07/19/15 12:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
I would keep it. It would be a great face tool to keep next to you bed to plant in the face of a intruder. up

roflmao A Great Face Tool! Yes sir that would certainly do the job.
Posted By: mikei

Re: Could this be turned into a knife? - 07/19/15 11:22 PM

I agree with all of the above! Hang onto the nasty looking thing, document your experience, and keep it and the documentation together for future generations of SapperTitans to share!

It almost looks like it started life as a railroad spike. Talk about "repurposing!"
Posted By: mikei

Re: Could this be turned into a knife? - 07/19/15 11:23 PM

I agree with all of the above! Hang onto the nasty looking thing, document your experience, and keep it and the documentation together for future generations of SapperTitans to share!

It almost looks like it started life as a railroad spike. Talk about "repurposing!"
Posted By: hetman

Re: Could this be turned into a knife? - 07/20/15 12:08 AM

That was a nice find - agree keep it as it is - the only better use would have been planting in the hajjis face that was setting the IED
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: Could this be turned into a knife? - 07/22/15 01:02 AM

Very cool find Sapper.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum