Texas Hunting Forum

What happened to bushmonkey?

Posted By: Rob M

What happened to bushmonkey? - 06/13/15 12:22 AM

Haven't seen him post on here in a while. I sent him an email about a knife and got no response.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: What happened to bushmonkey? - 06/13/15 12:25 AM

He is on FB all the time ill send him a message and let him know you are trying to reach him.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: What happened to bushmonkey? - 06/13/15 12:53 AM

He's been pretty busy; he has a helper that's learning the trade and doing very well.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: What happened to bushmonkey? - 06/13/15 02:37 AM

That's good to hear
Posted By: nsmike

Re: What happened to bushmonkey? - 06/13/15 04:06 AM

I'll tell you about hiring an assistant, you have to work twice as hard the first month or two getting them up to speed, it's worth it in the long run, but it can be challenging.

Re: What happened to bushmonkey? - 06/13/15 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: nsmike
I'll tell you about hiring an assistant, you have to work twice as hard the first month or two getting them up to speed, it's worth it in the long run, but it can be challenging.

One thing about Spencer working for Jeff I sure don't think he's a novice; he's already spitting out his own designs and doing a great job too.

I wish I had some help in fact I've been working so freaking hard lately I really thinking about retiring or taking a long, long break.
Posted By: Rob M

Re: What happened to bushmonkey? - 06/13/15 01:19 PM

Thanks guys! I don't have facebook, so I miss out on a lot of stuff on there. He sente an email last night answering my email. Thanks for the help!
Posted By: nsmike

Re: What happened to bushmonkey? - 06/13/15 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: bjankowski
Originally Posted By: nsmike

One thing about Spencer working for Jeff I sure don't think he's a novice; he's already spitting out his own designs and doing a great job too.

I wish I had some help in fact I've been working so freaking hard lately I really thinking about retiring or taking a long, long break.

Experienced or novice there's a learning curve getting an assistant to do things your way. It's disruptive in the short term but great in the long term.
Posted By: Jerry Fisk

Re: What happened to bushmonkey? - 06/14/15 01:32 AM

I pondered over having help years ago. I finally decided it was not worth it as it would be harder for me to close up shop at a moments notice and go hog hunting. I decided to just make less knives. Knives have been my sole income since 1987.

Re: What happened to bushmonkey? - 06/14/15 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Jerry Fisk
I pondered over having help years ago. I finally decided it was not worth it as it would be harder for me to close up shop at a moments notice and go hog hunting. I decided to just make less knives. Knives have been my sole income since 1987.

That's what I'm leaning to; making less knives. Lately I'm swamp with my production knives I make and sell them cheap, under $200.00.. Sure thinking about starting to make knives I can afford to send time with and enjoy without the rush of too many orders. Thank God I don't have to live on my knife money. I have ten to finish but this week and I'm heading to Possum Kingdom, my poor little house out there thinks I've abandoned it.
Posted By: chopsknives

Re: What happened to bushmonkey? - 06/19/15 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Jerry Fisk
My sentiments exactly. I also like the fact that I know the quality of ALL of the work. Only drawback is there's no one else to blame!! LOL! That and the wifey wants to have me cloned!!

Re: What happened to bushmonkey? - 06/20/15 04:53 AM

I want to hire a someone that could find the tools I lose every day! (normally right in front of my eyes) I hate that, I lay it down and then turn to get it, and the dang think grew legs. confused2
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum