Texas Hunting Forum

McClure

Posted By: jeffbird

McClure - 03/26/15 05:16 PM

Just picked up this knife made by Jerry McClure and have to share. What a real treat.

The damascus is made of stainless steel. The scales are mammoth ivory.

Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: McClure - 03/26/15 05:18 PM

Very nice
Posted By: MikeC

Re: McClure - 03/27/15 12:32 AM

Wow stainless Damascus, Anodized bolsters and Blue Mammoth. That one set you back a bit!!!
Posted By: Kev®

Re: McClure - 03/27/15 01:00 AM

Looking at the pic, it took there's a sharp edge where the scale meets the bolster? I'm sure it's just the pic. Nice knife.
Posted By: jeffbird

Re: McClure - 03/27/15 01:38 AM

Mike, not too bad really. A collector was thinning his collection and let it go at what I thought was a very fair price.

Originally Posted By: Kev®
Looking at the pic, it took there's a sharp edge where the scale meets the bolster? I'm sure it's just the pic. Nice knife.

It is silky smooth, that is just a bad angle on the lighting. The bottom line really is hard to capture on a photo. I just tried taking a few close ups and cannot seem to really capture it as the rest of the bolster overpowers it with light reflection. Here it is with lowered lighting, so not a great photo really.

Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: McClure - 03/27/15 01:33 PM

Beautiful knife. Thanks for posting it Jeffbird.

Ok knife makers, school us on the stainless Damascus steel?
Posted By: Jason Fry

Re: McClure - 03/27/15 01:59 PM

As far as stainless damascus goes, there are a few options, but not many. Jerry, IIRC, primarily uses Damasteel, a stainless damascus from Sweden. It's good stuff. I prefer Mike Norris' stainless damascus myself, as I've met him and he's a decent fellow. Chad Nichols also does stainless damascus. It's apparently a difficult product to produce, as the steels don't like to cooperate when welding. The stuff I buy from Mike runs 17 to 22 dollars per INCH! I pretty well only use it for custom orders.
Posted By: shumpertdavid

Re: McClure - 03/27/15 06:43 PM

That is a beautiful knife, I really like all the colors in everything.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum