Texas Hunting Forum

Do a good report on the area you got drawn for!

Posted By: lunkerm

Do a good report on the area you got drawn for! - 12/25/17 06:07 PM

Once you go on a public hunt, most especially a draw hunt, come on the forum and write a good report. Think of what you wish you had known and what would have helped you, saved time and effort, what to bring, what not to bring, etc...

If everyone does this, when we get drawn for an area, we can search it on here and get some idea of what we are getting into!

Here is the link to my report on Pedernales Falls State Park Annex for an example of what kind of info might help: http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbth..._An#Post7010019
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Do a good report on the area you got drawn for! - 12/26/17 04:35 PM

I appreciate reports as well and just reported on a GDA hunt that I went on at Matador. That being said, I also know a couple of people that never report back on any of their draw hunts, because they don't want information getting out on "their" place.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Do a good report on the area you got drawn for! - 12/28/17 11:50 AM

Originally Posted By: lunkerm
Once you go on a public hunt, most especially a draw hunt, come on the forum and write a good report. Think of what you wish you had known and what would have helped you, saved time and effort, what to bring, what not to bring, etc...

If everyone does this, when we get drawn for an area, we can search it on here and get some idea of what we are getting into!

Here is the link to my report on Pedernales Falls State Park Annex for an example of what kind of info might help: http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbth..._An#Post7010019

This will help some people for sure. I carried a bag chair on my hunt in Honey Creek SNA. When sitting in the stand I was a little lower than I would have liked. I'm 5' 10" so the bench in the stand would have been about right. You would have wanted a thick pad/seat though. Those boards would have been real HARD by the end of the day. Good thread for the future.
Posted By: Ranch Dog

Re: Do a good report on the area you got drawn for! - 12/28/17 01:25 PM

Yeap we need more reports back here on the forum. We have a lot of posters, many new members, looking for advice as the draws close but not many come back with reports.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum