Texas Hunting Forum

Caddo Grasslands...Friday

Posted By: chital_shikari

Caddo Grasslands...Friday - 11/22/17 04:31 AM

Family and friends are headed up to Bonham SP to "camp" for the weekend and one of the Caddo units is 20 min from where we'll be. Would it be worth going to try and bag a deer or would it be over crowded? Safety-wise, would it be OK to go alone? I've got my APH, general license, and hunter ed.
Posted By: Booner1

Re: Caddo Grasslands...Friday - 11/22/17 06:04 PM

chital, I don't know that you should try to hunt Caddo this weekend. It is doe days from Thanksgiving through Sunday and there will be A LOT of hunters in the woods. If you do hunt, be sure to wear plenty of orange and try to get as far away from the roads as possible to have a chance at a deer. Go early and stay late.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: Caddo Grasslands...Friday - 11/22/17 07:04 PM

Look at the detailed map, and find the route up to the very far northeast
chunk of land that is almost impassable by truck...plan on walking in and you might find that you are one of the very few Orange Hats up there once you cross the creek bottom...except for the poachers from off property from across the north and east corner fences.

Some Units down around Ladonia in the past might be worth looking at...especially the ones north of the east/west portion of the hwy UNLESS it is wet...and then you can stick a Sherman Tank in that mucky goo along the South Sulpher River.
Ron
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Caddo Grasslands...Friday - 11/23/17 01:19 AM

Thanks y'all. I think I'll pass on hunting this long weekend then and try hunting Unit 607 near Waco next weekend.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum