Texas Hunting Forum

Devils River - Del Norte

Posted By: elvisp_bucks

Devils River - Del Norte - 10/17/17 04:48 PM

My son was drawn for this exotic hunt. Has anyone ever hunted there? What is your advice? What type of exotics are on this place? My 9 year old son is super excited. Wish us good luck
Posted By: lunkerm

Re: Devils River - Del Norte - 10/17/17 06:18 PM

awesome! Good luck
Posted By: wtjim

Re: Devils River - Del Norte - 10/17/17 07:26 PM

Call the headquarters and reserve bunk space to stay. Tough but fun hunt.

Re: Devils River - Del Norte - 10/17/17 08:08 PM

Done. Thanks a lot. I'm only 39 and in decent shape so I'm ready to climb those hills
Posted By: wtjim

Re: Devils River - Del Norte - 10/18/17 04:54 AM

You'll love the hunt. Hunt slow and methodical with nose in wind. Take few steps, glass, repeat. Aoudad comfort range is right at 400 yards seeing you, if they smell, see and\or hear you, they gone...killed 4 aoudad and 2 Corsican when I went. Hiking in before first light and not making it back to truck til after dark kind of hunting. Rugged, beautiful country. If you hunt you will have opportunity to harvest.

Re: Devils River - Del Norte - 10/18/17 06:08 PM

How far were most of your shots? My son is only 9 so I'm hopefully to get fairly close. You did awesome killing 6 animals. Are some compartments better than others? Which compartment were you in and should I try to request a certain area?
Posted By: safdm44

Re: Devils River - Del Norte - 10/21/17 11:19 PM

get him a Bog pod.. think they have an upper attachment to help hold steady.. they are light and portable.

Re: Devils River - Del Norte - 10/23/17 12:47 PM

Thanks. Great picture
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum