Texas Hunting Forum

TPWD drawn hunts loyalty points, who has the most

Posted By: Sniper John

TPWD drawn hunts loyalty points, who has the most - 09/28/17 07:16 PM

So who here has the record for the most preference points in a hunt category?
Gun Deer - Either Sex, I currently have 24 points.
Posted By: Erny

Re: TPWD drawn hunts loyalty points, who has the most - 09/28/17 07:32 PM

You got me beat. I have 23 for exotic.
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: TPWD drawn hunts loyalty points, who has the most - 09/28/17 07:50 PM

Dang John. You win for sure.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: TPWD drawn hunts loyalty points, who has the most - 09/28/17 07:54 PM

I've got 18 in EXO, 15 in GDE and 13 in Spring Turkey and have not entered ST in the last 10+ ? years since they cut out the exo's out of the South Llano Rvr Spring Turkey Hunt and some place else that I can't remeber the name of. Walter Buck WMA (directly behind SLR SP & umm 1- 1.5K or ?? acres) was a good draw that I took my 1st Axis at in '99 on a GDA that I'd like to see back in the system....but needs to designated 4x4 vehicles only...and TPW dropped one of my categories in a generic "Antelope" or something like that when they started splitting the category out by Specie ...that I had ummm another 5-6 "Preference Points" in.

I am verrrry careful with the high LP category App's when I put in for a Hunt, to make double dang sure I really want THAT hunt. Might be nice to be able to split the LP's with 2 or more App's in the same category, and I'd probably enter more locations that I'd take a Hunt in ...but IMO are not worth wasting ALL my LP's on... This what I did this year in GDA and got drawn for a location I never would entered an App for in years past when I had 10-12 GDA ??? Lp's and got drawn for Inks Lake 2-3 years ago...and came down with Walking Pneumonia right before the trip and dropped out.
Ron
Posted By: NDN98

Re: TPWD drawn hunts loyalty points, who has the most - 09/30/17 10:26 PM

Dang. I thought I had a lot of loyalty points, but John and WileyCoyote got me beat by a longshot.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: TPWD drawn hunts loyalty points, who has the most - 10/01/17 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Sniper John
So who here has the record for the most preference points in a hunt category?
Gun Deer - Either Sex, I currently have 24 points.

I have Pronghorn 17, Exotic 18, and MD 7.

At the chance of irritating some, but not meaning to. I HAD 15 in GDE until drawn for Honey Creek SNA. flehan
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: TPWD drawn hunts loyalty points, who has the most - 10/01/17 10:20 PM

Hmmm I had 15 LP 's in GDE and sent in a GDE App on Honey Creek too and got Zilch, ZERO, NADA in return for my giving of my dinky largess to TPW's fantasy of a LOTTERY HUNT Program ...Oh Well Better to Dream and than not...but WAIT a MInute that's the REAL Lottery I dream of winning so's I can BUY my own Honey Creek type property...might be better spent there instead of where I send $$'s every Fall...Power to the Snuffy
Ron
Posted By: mbavo

Re: TPWD drawn hunts loyalty points, who has the most - 10/03/17 12:50 PM

I have 21 for pronghorn and 20 for exotic.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum