Texas Hunting Forum

New Member/New Hunter with Questions about Caddo Grasslands

Posted By: EAW

New Member/New Hunter with Questions about Caddo Grasslands - 09/26/17 06:32 PM

I just recently joined the forum and I posted over in Land&Leases looking for a place near Johnson County to take my 9 year old son squirrel hunting. This will be our first year hunting and we are really looking forward to doing this together. If I can't find any private land for us to hunt on nearer to where we live I plan on heading to Caddo Grasslands. That looks like the closest public land we can hunt squirrel on with a 22lr.

Can anyone tell me what Unit would be best for squirrel hunting? I know that I would need an additional permit to hunt there. Is that available early morning to purchase on site?
I look forward to learning from you guys and any information is appreciated!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: New Member/New Hunter with Questions about Caddo Grasslands - 09/26/17 07:05 PM

welcome
Posted By: WreakinHavoc

Re: New Member/New Hunter with Questions about Caddo Grasslands - 09/26/17 07:29 PM

you can go ahead and purchase your Annual Hunting Permit now and its good throughout the year... As far as an actual permit for "Caddo Grasslands" itself, i am not sure of!

Re: New Member/New Hunter with Questions about Caddo Grasslands - 09/26/17 09:45 PM

Can I purchase the Annual Hunting Permit there, or do I have to do it before I go?
Posted By: dkershen

Re: New Member/New Hunter with Questions about Caddo Grasslands - 09/26/17 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: EAW
Can I purchase the Annual Hunting Permit there, or do I have to do it before I go?

Easiest thing to do is purchase the APH online at :
https://www.txfgsales.com/

You can also get your hunting license and your boy's license at the same time. Will be in your mailbox in a few days.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Re: New Member/New Hunter with Questions about Caddo Grasslands - 09/26/17 10:35 PM

Thank you for the info. We already have our Texas Hunting Licenses but not the APH. I'll go ahead and get that before we go. If anyone has been there and has any tips or pointers we'd appreciate it.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: New Member/New Hunter with Questions about Caddo Grasslands - 09/26/17 10:56 PM

welcome, good hunting
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum