Texas Hunting Forum

Public dove hunts

Posted By: Harrier

Public dove hunts - 09/02/17 07:18 PM

Anyone else out the past couple of days? I got to my usual spot about 45 minutes before first shooting light and I was the only one around. It picked up later but the crowds seem thinner this year. I wonder if it's the Harvey effect or what.

I got one yesterday in an abbreviated evening hunt after work, and three more this morning.
Posted By: Hogflyer

Re: Public dove hunts - 09/04/17 12:24 PM

Good to see someone shooting a 16ga for a change! have my grandpas old 16 double, that has damascas steel for barrels. Now it just sets on the wall in the garage as a ornament.

Hows the public hunts around SA? closest to me here in dripping springs is just past bastrop area, near paige tex. drove by there on saturday afternoon. Zero birds, tanks all full of water, creeks flowing, low areas are have standing water, insect infected area. Will need plenty of bug spray if your out. Mosquitos were bad at our farm in lake somerville area opening day.
Doves are gone!

hunt safe...
Posted By: Harrier

Re: Public dove hunts - 09/04/17 06:51 PM

I was out at the Guadalupe County Complex south of New Braunfels again this morning. The number of birds flying has dropped off significantly from the opener, but the good news is the area is much less overgrown than previous years.

I love the 16 gauge for dove and upland bird hunting.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum